Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get Center Fogs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: Should I get Center Fogs?

Do IT!! i would do it to mine but i cant decie if i wanna get rid of the PP lights[>:]
Old 10-12-2007, 06:10 AM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

Hutch,
That was exactly the one I was looking at. The one from LMR. It's at $129. The cheapest I see the SS one anywhere is $159. Ideas where it may be cheaper? Was the LMR one that bad?
Thanks!
Yes, it was that bad. I first looked in to them over a year ago and they said they were pulling them from the shelves because there was a manufacturing defectin the mold that made the bottom edge wavy. Well some months later i called LMR and they said that the problem had been solved and they were available again. So I bought the "OE Style" center fog grill and sure enough when i bought it, it was jacked. There were gaps at the sides of the grill as well. Three of the tabs that secure through the bumper cover snapped off during the install also. I was quite upset about it but Mike (the sales manager there) worked with me, and i was able to send him the smurfed up grill in exchange for the Street Scene Grill. He compared the two side by side and was able to tell right away a huge difference in the quality and rigidity of the two. I compared them myself upon the SS grill's arival and you would not believe the difference. Spend the extra $10 or so and save the headache i endured. Mike had also said that they were going to pull all of the OE grills from the shelves because there is an obvious problem whith them still. DO NOT BUY THE OE GRILL!!! I want to point out oce again that the fog lights do protrude a little more but it's no where near unsightly. Hope this helps brah.

HUTCH
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

I say no, it has been done to death and no offense to anyone who has done it, butI personally think it looks retarded.
It throws off the wholefront of the car and givesit the look of some crappy little rally racer.