Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From GT to shelby (Updated)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 07:32 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: From GT to GT500

ORIGINAL: americaniron

www.scottdrake.net/prod_details.aspx?prod_id=9055&breadcrumb=Embl ems+%26+Ornaments+%3ea%3ea+Exterior+Emblems+%26+Or naments+%3a%3a+Fender+Emblem I'm not one of those folks bashing the c/s gt. I think it's a good looking car. I personally wouldn't spend the extra cash on it. I have the same handling pack with some extra parts, and think it's great. Here in my town they have always sold it at msrp. I just want to customise my own way. The money saved will go a long way farther to do so. I would be scared to modify a Shelby in the fear that I may ruin any collectability. It may turn out to be something special, or turn out like the Shelby Dodge omni, charger,or daytona. -----There are4 CS stangsin my town, and they are really beautiful cars. The black one down the road is owned by a equally beautiful blonde (lol) ----- Anyhow the original post was by the guy who was only interested in the Mech. performance issues. Since hes not trying to make a clone, he'd be better off getting a different induction/ exhaust.----- As far as the emblem, I want to get one to put on thetitanium radiator shroud I'm making. I'll put the extra one in the interior somewhere
Thats not the same emblem as on a Shelby Gt.
Thats the older style flat type emblem.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Yea Thats true. E-bay has one thats the correct one, but the guywants 200+ for them. I saw two others recently that were also the correct ones. They were $79 I believe. I think one was blue oval corral, and I can't remember the other. The newer emblem does look better than the older ones. They have a better finish. More polished.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:48 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

I love these debates...
Old 06-23-2007, 10:02 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

I may not be able to make it a shelby which I dont want to do but I can certainly buy plenty of shelby parts for my regular GT http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/. It does not hurt my feelings to spend thousands less on a car that performs better when finished. A Shelby GT500 I would spend for but a Shelby GT? depends on price.
Im glad your feelings are not hurt. It was directed to americaniron and his blue print on what you needed for a Shelby and "Poof" you got one. Thats all, nothing towards you and your goals what ever they may be.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ya know, have we even seen any GT to Shelby GT conversions yet?
Any clones out there? How about ones in colors other than black or white?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Maybe it would be more appropriate to call them GT to "Shelby GT Look" conversions....
Old 06-23-2007, 10:25 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

Maybe it would be more appropriate to call them GT to "Shelby GT Look" conversions....
There ya go,

SGL
Old 06-23-2007, 11:07 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Well Im getting a GT/CS front bumper cover but thats asfar as it goes. My car will always be a GT...I just like the chin on that bumper.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Yo man . No one is saying that if you get all the parts you will have a Shelby. The guy that started the thread wanted to know about the performance aspect of it. The cost of the perf upgrades is a lot less than the cost of the Shelby. But if he wants to get better perf from his car, he has many better options to go.The frpp stuff is justnot that stellar.If he wants it to look like one, he can go that rout also. The average jo blow won't know the difference. your car looks very nice. It is just not a car that someone should change.I know it's better than that crap that Shelby made when he was with Chrysler, but it doesn't cry that Shelby racing heritage either. If I had the money to have two stangs, I could entertain the thought of having a C/S gt. I really do like your car. I do think they look very good. Since I can only afford one, I want to make it mine. I really didn't mean to offend you, or your car. Let agree to disagree. In the end we all love our stangs. Besides my blueprint wasn't that bad was it? (lol) To clone it would be an honor anyway. If someone couldn't afford it, or already had a gt, that would be a way to achieve their goal. I personally wouldn't put a Shelby logo on a regular gt. I also don't fault those that try it tastefully. And yes that doesn't make it a Shelby if they do so.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:32 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

Yo man . No one is saying that if you get all the parts you will have a Shelby. The guy that started the thread wanted to know about the performance aspect of it. The cost of the perf upgrades is a lot less than the cost of the Shelby. But if he wants to get better perf from his car, he has many better options to go.The frpp stuff is justnot that stellar.If he wants it to look like one, he can go that rout also. The average jo blow won't know the difference. your car looks very nice. It is just not a car that someone should change.I know it's better than that crap that Shelby made when he was with Chrysler, but it doesn't cry that Shelby racing heritage either. If I had the money to have two stangs, I could entertain the thought of having a C/S gt. I really do like your car. I do think they look very good. Since I can only afford one, I want to make it mine. I really didn't mean to offend you, or your car. Let agree to disagree. In the end we all love our stangs. Besides my blueprint wasn't that bad was it? (lol) To clone it would be an honor anyway. If someone couldn't afford it, or already had a gt, that would be a way to achieve their goal. I personally wouldn't put a Shelby logo on a regular gt. I also don't fault those that try it tastefully. And yes that doesn't make it a Shelby if they do so.
I owe you an appoligy,

I missed the "Performance wise" part and mistakinly read into the thread and all i saw at the end of the statement was like that has been said here too many time's and that is, "You can put all the same stuff on your Gtfor less and you have a Shelby Gt" Completely my fault for anticipating what was clearly not there.

Sincerly,

Ed

Quick Reply: From GT to shelby (Updated)