Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people just don't get it!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some people just don't get it!!!!!

I see safety issue's here for all concerned. Father needs to be more assertive but instead chose to stick up for his kid. Not a great move in this situation but an initial reaction for most who have children. Point out it's not safe for the child and he will take it differently although the fact he didnt realize it was unsafe for the child in the first place might make me think twice about doing things in his garage anyways.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:46 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

I am really sorry to hear that - it's a shame some people are afraid of their own kids...
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
All my father had to do was look at me, and I knew I was in for it... Things have changed!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:56 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I don't pull any punches when it comes to those situations either.. I have kids in their late teens and they know better, but I'll catch them leaning on it now and then when they're kicking back in the garage with their friends. I walk right up to whoever's leaning on itand just say/yell "ARE YOU F'ing KIDDING ME HERE". I used to catch them sitting on the trunk of my Park Avenue Ultra (yeah, it's supercharged..lol . It's our winter car) with drinks. Kids these days just have no respect.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

I'll never forget this one time when I was getting a burger,I lookedthrough the window andI see some little $h1t slapping my hood with his nasty *** hands. The parents are yapping and looking at him while ignorantly smiling. I made sure to wipe off those smiles quickly when I told them that their kid was damaging my property and he needed to learn respect for other's property.

I'll ALSO never forget when I went to walmart and came out to find some punk *** thug kid with a giant CHAIN wallet LEANING on my car. I said: "Get the hell off my car, your scratching it with your chain you moron." That made me extremely upset. [sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
ov3r
1st Gear Member

Yeah i woudl have handled it the same way ... before we do any work on our cars here ... we kinda do a survey to make sure no one has brought there kids over. Not only is this to protect our cars .. but you never know what could happen with rug rats running around and mechanical tools flying around. Work zone is for 12+
Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

IMO this is one of those no win situations, I have kids and I knowdamn well what is like, as a father you dont accept anyone scolding or yelling at your kids even if they deserve it period, a 7y/o kid knows nothing about the value of things yet, you teach them but it takes a while (years)for them to fully understand such concepts, at that age all they want and knowis to have fun,finally I totally understand your frustration because I've been there. With all that said what I'd do in such situations is to address the father, explain to him that I am getting nervous about thekid fooling around the carso he can deal with his kid the way he considers appropriate, then if I dont get thesolution I am expecting I'd explain the father why I am leaving, no hard feelings.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
sccaii
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you might need your own garage....LOL. Granted something needed to be said probably not by you. It's ashame two adults can't come to a agreement about the situation rather than their being hard feelings like it "appears". I hope for your sake you and your buddy talk it over after some cool down and you get your side out there and him his.

Its honestly a lose lose and while you might argue, "they don't get it", they might argue " hey man its just a car".......

We all think differently in retrospect so I would have probably had a similar reaction....so don't feel like I'm bagging on your. Use this situation to turn it into a good thing for you both. You will react better the next time and he hopefully will understand he needs to be a better role model for his son
Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I hate kids![:'(] Some parents don't pay any attention to what their kids are doing, especially at the grocery store!

You should have to take a test and get a license to breed!

There's no reason to remove the tires to install rear springs.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Man it all boils down to respect or lack of it. Kids don't learn it (theres excptions) but its few and far between.
Maybe now he'll have an inkling of what the kid did wrong. I'd left too.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Loose the "friend" with the brat who does not behave.
Seems like the kid has too much time on his hands
or is ignored and wanted some attention. Parents
fault either way. Loose the "friend" period. He does
not have the same moral value towards someone
elses property.

Quick Reply: Some people just don't get it!!!!!