Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers - Research Stage

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 PM
troypar54

Default RE: Mufflers - Research Stage

Just installed my Flowmaster A/Ts over the weekend and extremely happy with them - sounds better than stock (better idle rumble), looks MUCH better and the price was excellent at Summit Racing.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

SLP loud mouth.. best sound..bar none..

[IMG]local://upfiles/19878/E9BAAA965E7543A796B908CFF796D9A0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Bingo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Virgule

Pypes SFM-66 Mid-Muffler system - blows the doors off any axleback out there - perfect sound, zero drone.
Sound clips?! Please. Thank you.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:25 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i've got to ask, is it a V6 or a V8? i think the kind of exhaust you buy is depedant on your car's engine. i have a 6, so i went with the MRT aeroturbine. it's loud as hell (which i enjoyed) sounds beastly at idle, and higher rpm's the tone does change to a more higher pitched note but i still enjoy it.

the best thing to do is search youtube. that's what i did. there are some great sounding exhausts. i think in your case, if you have the gt to go with the borla/ford racing exhaust.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

If you put an off road X or H pipe you won't need to change the mufflers, The stockers will be plenty loud. I had to take off the aftermarket muffs with an X-pipe, it was just too loud.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Although I'm working on getting a sound clip, I'm not sure that will do it justice, as the sound is more of an experience than it is decibels of audio energy. The best way to describe it is like the difference between what a 5.0 has in front of the axle, andwhat an S197 carries behind the axle as an axleback.

If you've ever heard abullet-muffler setup on a 5.0, you know there is just no comparison to anything you can slap behind the axles of an S197. Well, the Pypes Mid-Muffler system is JUST like that. No comparison to whatIT can doand the standard bark of a conventionalaxleback on the same car. The sound is just completely in another league, because it's coming from SOMEWHERE ELSE.

That's what I experienced when I first fired up those Mid-Muffs. The sound was also coming from underneath the vehicle, and not just from behind the rear bumper. No axleback can do that. I'm told Cervini has a side exhaust that is pretty good, so the Pypes SFM-66 is more like a combination of that, and a rear tail pipe system. Just different, because resonance is being treated differently. Just remember to have it installed on the rack by a professional, as the clearance tolerances are way close.

Oh, by the way, they now make a 6 cylinder version as well.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:18 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

SLP loud mouth.. best sound..bar none..

[IMG]local://upfiles/19878/E9BAAA965E7543A796B908CFF796D9A0.jpg[/IMG]

Man i found that after doing a little reseach. I can go to my exhaust guy and he will fab me up some knock off SLP's for like 60 bucks installed..
Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 PM
sccaii
1st Gear Member

based on all I have read I would have a hard time going to the store down the road and bolting on just any muffler........seems our cars just don't take well in terms of the sound to many muffs.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

OK I'll chime in on this one, I loved my bassani's except for the fact that they made more noise in the car than outside the car lol, I'm planning Corsa or Ford RacingGTA's which shold eliminate my drone issue's.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

OK I'll chime in on this one, I loved my bassani's except for the fact that they made more noise in the car than outside the car lol, I'm planning Corsa or Ford RacingGTA's which shold eliminate my drone issue's.
True story!!!

If you liked the volume and deepness of the bassani's, go with Corsa. Neither will be as deep but the Corsa's will be closer.

Quick Reply: Mufflers - Research Stage