Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do, what to do

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what to do, what to do

ORIGINAL: captainxanax

Hey all,I need opinions,help,comments,anything...

So here's my situation... (some people think I'm nuts)

I got into my GT on the Sept '06 incentive at 0/72 at invoice. Very good price, very good deal. I drove a Focus prior to gain credit with Ford. Planned this thing out you see... I wanted black or tungsten, and I wanted an auto. I would have taken a manual, but an auto was my preference. And I got a black auto Mustang GT at 0/72 invoice (400 negative hit on Focus -worth it). Everything I wanted.

Until Saleen did up the parnelli/jones. I fell in love with the orange. Now, I am a child of the 70's, teen of the 80's... So, I dont know what the hell it is, but the black/orange took over something in me. I did like the dukes of hazzard, but what the h3ll???? I dont remember a single orange mustang, but after the Saleen release, well, something came awake in me for having an orange mustang. People say they are going to call me pumpkin if I give up my black 'stang. I told one person about the orange, and I could not believethe face she made in disgust/disbelief... ...It is love or hate color for sure.

I also discovered, well, I became an enthusiast after I got into the 'stang. I did not buy any mods, just fell in love withsports cars.It was different than the feeling prior to buying the car, I can not explain it, but I think people can relate. And, well, now I want a manual.I want to mod beyond the auto's capability,or dont want to put money into my car if I plan on selling it in a year or even two.

I think the orange is a "stand out" color for me too. Not that many out there, I can stand out in the crowd even more. I dont know, the black with heavy tint turns heads like crazy... What makes this even more strange/difficult is that I have been next to a couple ofgrabber orange 'stangs and been like, hmmm, I dont know, like I did not like it, but did not know... I live in AZ and the sun is intense, the cars looked more 'yellowish'. However, at night, it takes on a different hue, hmmm, I know I like that. I can not explain this feeling, it is a love/hate. I asked a question earlier about the GO not being metallic and got a few good replies, but I ask again, what is with that paint? I dont know. Any info would be helpful. Is the orange much different than other previous oranges?

ButtheBlack... Iquit countinghowmany times people have commented on the beauty of my car. See, this is wherepeople think I am nuts. But, they dont own a black car in the desert. They get to see my dirty car tho... They dont, however, help me detail it. It is a hog for detailing, and I hate to say it, but that was news to me after buying it. Only after I bought a black car did all my friends and family say, "I will never own a black car again..."

So, I want orange as an escape! Help, this detailing is killing me!!! But I read in a post that the orange is just as noticeable with spiderwebbing and marks. Is this true? Having a car in AZ is very difficult. I understand that I have to care for the car, but Black shows everything - everything!!!

What got me was one of my first trips, I was so proud of my new ride, my sis was here, we were going to go for a mountain drive, I detailed the car all nice and such and we stopped 35 miles into the trip for lunch... The road dust was like &*)# * )*$#) &%*#!!!!

Right now, I got a great deal/a great car. It is a beauty, a premium, the only things it doesn't have is a 1000 & heated seats.I have been thinking about mods, 2nd year thoughts, and well, I can not make up my mind because it is an auto and I want a stick. and the GO just makes me nuts (did I mention that). So, I want to go 'further' with the 'stang, mods, scca, et cetera, but feel limited by the auto.

I would have to give up my 0% for this deal to go forward. My justification for that action is if I ordered a new 'stang, with my options, I would not get the 0%... Rebates and great pricing and good treatment are usually around.

Should I wait and hope a GO is on the lot during some unknown future incentive, should I agressively go after an '07, should I wait and see the '08 (since GO isstill alive), or should I order... Also, my GT is mint, year old, 13k, no problems but road wear, how friendly is Ford right now, ie, how are they doing, what could I expect for their 'offers' - opinions & experience welcome.

Or, should I do what I read on the forums and CAI/tune, do the gears, pully, anything else?, and enjoy? I dont think this wouldsatisfy my long term desires though, just a feel good I think.

Would the tune on the auto be like damn from the change in that performance/tune and make me feel likeokay again? I have heard that is all the auto needs, a good tune to stand out and bark more.

Help, and thanks
Good God! Paint your car GO if you like the color so much. ****
Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

my friend and i both have evolution tune, i have a standard and love it, he has an auto and really loves it.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 AM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Okay bro...Lets see what we got here...

You should just stick it out with the black unless money is no problem. Yeah, the GB looks okay but just isn't anywhere near Scream'n Yellow.......LoL. Really though, Grabber Orange is a pretty sweet color and truly does stand out but is not worth you trading the deal you got on your stang for..even if it's a pain in the a$$ to clean. Shoot me a PM and I'll give ya some tips on it bro, also check around with people with black cars and see what they do on the cleaning issue. IMO, I love cleaning my car. I really just straight up enjoy cleaning my car...though those dam n bugs are gonna be all over your orange as they are on my yellow....It's really no big deal though.

On the performance side of things, keep the auto...atleast in my opinion. I don't know what your driving habits are, if you hit the track up, or just use as a daily driver. Sticks are sooo freaking fun, but it's something I can live with out. Here's what you can do performance wise and honestly...it will wake that black beast of yours up!!!

- B A M A C H I P S Tune!!!!!!!!
- C&L "Racer" Intake
- Xcal 2
- 4.10's
- Exhaust

That will truly wake your auto up.....Then from there you can do a converter, tires, pulleys, deletes, control arms...etc.

- Justin

Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Its just a color. Calm down.

You can get it in the future. THe Mustang style will change, you can get it then. Don't waste your money now.

If you do it then trust me, you'll regret the extra money you spend on financing and trade-in. Don't do it. Wait a few years for the all new mustang, whenever it is, then think about it.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Why don't you make a reverse color version of the Saleen PJ? Get GO striping, headlamp splitters, Ram Air hood and PJ style wheels(I think Carroll Shelby Inc. sells the exact type of wheel). As stated in a previous post, add some GO accents to give your car a little flash. Do it all in vinyl so if you tire of it, it'll come right off. JMHO
Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

If you really want a stick, then yes, make a change.
If you just want more performance, then CAI and tune, and look into 3.73 gears.
If you do go after a manual later, you can just put the stock airbox back on the auto, geta new tune for the programmer, and install on your manual, no real loss.
If it's more about the color than the transmission, get the GO paint code, and have it painted.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I think I need some xanax after reading that post.....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

WHy the hell do you care what 1500 stranges car about what you drive.....Can you even get a PJ? Use you head and keep the 0%.....
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

They'll bang you with a 6+% financing now eventho you have an excellent credit history -
so unless you can pay it off in cash - keep the black and do GO accents... don't worry, they'll still let you on the Grabber Orange Forum... http://www.grabberorange.net

[sm=itsok.gif]
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LAK3RS

though those dam n bugs are gonna be all over your orange as they are on my yellow....
that is too funny - our yellow chevy is a harem for bugs.