Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

Your GIRLFRIEND is giving you ****? I would understand if it's your wife and you're both low on funds.

Be a f'n man and don't let a girl control everything you do.

They have their shoes and purses, we have our cars and electronics...
+1
i love being single.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Leave her now, it will only get worse!

[sm=bicker.gif] [sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 06-27-2007, 04:09 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

I have my mods delivered to my work, she never notices the new stuff anyway, until I point it out...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

LOL - funny post.

The key word in your post is 'GIRLFRIEND'...[sm=dontgetit.gif]

'Girlfriends' have no business telling you what you should or can do with YOUR money. Wife is another story, but we are talking 'girlfriend' here. Grow a pair now or she will be your mommy as long as you are together...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Listin to me if i ever post any thing that matters on this sight please listin to this. Yes we all have the bug we all love cars thats the bottom line. it's not a matter of control or anything like that. Women don't see things the way we do. they don't under stand the love of cars. but to go out and spend money with out them knowing is 100% worng. If you are living togather the money that you spend on the parts are looked at as not needed. they atre thinking aboutyours and her future i.e home, kids things like that. what your doing now woll cost you later and youcan sit therereading this and think this guys full of Sh&*. I'm not, my car habbit as well as some other bad habbits i had in the past got me devorced and i live with the regrets every day. Yes i own a new GT no i will not be moding it. after all i have been through i don't have the heart for it any more. all i wanted was to have a nice car to enjoy. besidesmost peopledon't even keep there car that long. can you say for a fact that you will still have you mustang 10-15 years down the road? I can't. Some guys get luck and have a wife or girl friend that fully supports the habbit of moding out a car. to the the luck few i say way to go. for the rest of you that don't have a woman like that. i say sit and talk to them and try to understand and see things from there point of view and try to come to a reasonable understanding one what is ok whith them reguarding the car. It will save you heart ach down the road when your sitting in an empty house trying to figure out why she left.[&o]thats all i have to say about that.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
MachRanger
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FlaPony

I have my mods delivered to my work, she never notices the new stuff anyway, until I point it out...
+1 unless it's obvious like new rims or stripes. They have a tendency of noticing those. But it's not a good thing to keep it a secret. They might not care if your honest about it, in fact if you keep dropping hints they might actually buy it for you. But man if you do it behind their backs....whoa brother....bad things can happen.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I agree with you. I'm sure you won't be alone for ever dude...hang in there bud. [sm=signs003.gif]

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

Listin to me if i ever post any thing that matters on this sight please listin to this. Yes we all have the bug we all love cars thats the bottom line. it's not a matter of control or anything like that. Women don't see things the way we do. they don't under stand the love of cars. but to go out and spend money with out them knowing is 100% worng. If you are living togather the money that you spend on the parts are looked at as not needed. they atre thinking aboutyours and her future i.e home, kids things like that. what your doing now woll cost you later and youcan sit therereading this and think this guys full of Sh&*. I'm not, my car habbit as well as some other bad habbits i had in the past got me devorced and i live with the regrets every day. Yes i own a new GT no i will not be moding it. after all i have been through i don't have the heart for it any more. all i wanted was to have a nice car to enjoy. besidesmost peopledon't even keep there car that long. can you say for a fact that you will still have you mustang 10-15 years down the road? I can't. Some guys get luck and have a wife or girl friend that fully supports the habbit of moding out a car. to the the luck few i say way to go. for the rest of you that don't have a woman like that. i say sit and talk to them and try to understand and see things from there point of view and try to come to a reasonable understanding one what is ok whith them reguarding the car. It will save you heart ach down the road when your sitting in an empty house trying to figure out why she left.[&o]thats all i have to say about that.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

You have to understand that the human mind is under constant pressure and stress, even when you're not thinking about a certain problem. From the moment you wake up your mind is calculating what you should eat for breakfast, how much time you have to get to work, what you'll do when you first get to work, etc etc. Every minute of the day your mind is calculating and burning itself out.

Its a proven fact that a 15 minute nap in the middle of the day reduces the risk of heart attack by around 25% because sleep is the only true way to release your body, and mind, from stress.

Few doctors or scientists would ever admit it, but the fact is that the human mind is NOT as capable as we think. If you wakeup at 7am and not get to sleep until 11pm, your mind will have undergone 16 hours of constant stress, calculations and problem analysis. This is what can lead to feeling burned out, sick, hateful and lead to crimes being commited. This includes guys who kill their wives, kids, or neighbors, because the constant and unrelenting flow of thought-trauma drove them to it.

This is where the physical medicine known as a hobby comes into play. Many people regard hobbies as just ways of getting rid of extra time - far from the truth. Have you ever noticed that no one ever chooses their hobby? Never. Instead, it came natural. They just wanted to do it. When someone does not choose something, but rather does it because they naturally want to, then they are truly doing something that is easing their mind and blocking out life's stressful thoughts and constant analysis. Some people find themselves watching movies all the time without meaning to, or playing video games, or gardening, or in our case spending money and working on cars. The point is... your mind is 'taking control' of your life, and trying to save itself, by having you engage in an activity for a long amount of time without you quite understanding why it is you want to do it so much or so badly. Its the mind's way of forcing you to escape the constant punishment that it takes.

Look at unibomber Ted Kazinsky. He never had an escape. He lived in a cabin with nothing except his thoughts. No television, friends, or anything. Just his constant thoughts and eventually his mind snapped and he began killing. Thats just one example. The list goes on.

A hobby is, literally, the key to life. Your brain is an intricate object. Its so smart in fact that not even YOU can control it. It will out-work itself and you will never know until it is too late. When you brain takes forceful action on you, like having you spend money on a car when you don't have much money, then you need to take notice. Your mind is pleading with you to let it escape, and it knows exactly what activity you want to do that will let it take a breather.

Listen to it.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:34 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

Listin to me if i ever post any thing that matters on this sight please listin to this. Yes we all have the bug we all love cars thats the bottom line. it's not a matter of control or anything like that. Women don't see things the way we do. they don't under stand the love of cars. but to go out and spend money with out them knowing is 100% worng. If you are living togather the money that you spend on the parts are looked at as not needed. they atre thinking about yours and her future i.e home, kids things like that. what your doing now woll cost you later and you can sit there reading this and think this guys full of Sh&*. I'm not, my car habbit as well as some other bad habbits i had in the past got me devorced and i live with the regrets every day. Yes i own a new GT no i will not be moding it. after all i have been through i don't have the heart for it any more. all i wanted was to have a nice car to enjoy. besides most people don't even keep there car that long. can you say for a fact that you will still have you mustang 10-15 years down the road? I can't. Some guys get luck and have a wife or girl friend that fully supports the habbit of moding out a car. to the the luck few i say way to go. for the rest of you that don't have a woman like that. i say sit and talk to them and try to understand and see things from there point of view and try to come to a reasonable understanding one what is ok whith them reguarding the car. It will save you heart ach down the road when your sitting in an empty house trying to figure out why she left.[&o] thats all i have to say about that.
It cost you a 'divorce'? This is what I'm talking about... you were 'MARRIED'. It's a whole nother' set of rules, man. We're talking about a 'girlfriend' here for cripes sake.

'girlfriends' are nothing more than an application process to weed out what you want in a woman...lol

Jeez, being controlling and bossing by a 'girlfriend' is a big red flag on her application - like a criminal record...lol

Damn, I'd be saying sorry but you don't meet the qualifications at this time and I'll keep your resume on file if I ever need a temp...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Yes, like saving up for a co-op, condo, engagement ring, wedding etc....

You're all the same...

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Hmph! Don't blame the women...........geez...

I also like to add @#*! to my car.......and I am female.

Maybe there's more to it with your girl......maybe she's pissed about something else in your relationship.......
I wouldn't want to tell my man what to do or what not to do, especially if it was something he enjoyed doing and made him happy.

Just a thought....... s ~
I don't think you understand......saving fora condo??A ring?? A wedding??

LOL--DudeI have been there and done all that. I don't mean to cash you out, but come on.....don't generalize all females that way. I sure don't need some guy to help me **save** for a ring, home, marriage...or anything else for that matter...... I learned how to stand on my own two feet. Matter of fact, he took the Mustang when he left (ex-husband)........then traded it in on a truck......said he "never liked theMustang anyway"..........

PFFT!!!

You know how bad it sucked seeing my Stang setting on the used car lot knowing it used to be mine, but I could no longer afford it because now I was paying for everything on my own???

oh yeah...one more thing.....I make more money than he will ever think about making and the **NEW** Stang kinda healed that sore spot for me......but enough preaching.

My man now knows that I am myself and I happen to be a female that likes her ride......and I don't like to be a lemming among the sea.......No cookie cutters here. I have made many changes to my ride (damn sweet ones too). Why? I want it to look tough, bad as hell, and ride tight. He doesn't even think about changing my mind.....and he doesn't help me **save** money to do it...........

If you would like to help a **poor pitiful female**--take bets on how long it takes my ex-husband to realize it's me whenI am doing burnouts with the Whipple outside of his office...................[sm=devilangel.gif] s ~

Quick Reply: Why do we do, what we do to our cars??