Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:54 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500

I think it was all planned. The very first GT500 went for what, $600,000? Those freakin' Barrett-Jackson auctions make non-car guys with buckets of cash to spare buy these over the counter "alleged" future classics & set the price for future buyer/sellers IMO. Although did anyone read the lastest issue of Car & Driver? The GT500 circled the VIR(Virginia International Speedway) only a 1/10th(that's right 0.10 seconds) slower than a $130K Porsche 911 Turbo! It was 5 seconds faster than the almighty "driver's car" BMW 335i! The Holy Grail Z51 'Vette was 2 seconds faster, but a car 700lb lighter, with a proper suspension and better aerodynamics should be faster! Much faster than 2 seconds. Hmmmmm......maybe the GT500 is under-priced? If a 465hp Saleen S/C 281 stickers for $55K+, is $55-60K for a 500hp GT500 so outrageous?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:55 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Screw the GT500! The standard GT is faster with a twin screw. Two guys in my area have them, They say they handle like crap! Their gonna be lowering them for sure! So they gotta do suspension mods just like we do. And as for power, 440 HP to the wheels and they weigh 500 lbs more than a GT. Hmm, slap a name and a fat motor ina car and charge outrageous prices. No thanks, I' stay with my GT, Thank you very much!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Lol not even CLOSE! The gt-500 is a 5.4 liter, forged internal, hand built motor. It is much much faster then the standard 4.6 in mine and the "two guys" in your area. 440 hp to the wheels on the ford tune, lol a pulley and a tune will give them closer to 600. Thats a pretty ignorant statement saying the GT with a twin screw is faster. Hmmm... bigger motor, forged internals, all around BETTER engine, whats faster? ahahahah

There is no doubt marking up a car $20,000 is riddiculous. But the car is pretty bad ***. Im pretty happy its so expensive this way i dont see Joe Shmos driving them all over the place. They are limited on the roads and that is the way it should be. If Ford would have said msrp on them is $63,000 rather then $43,000, there would be no controversy. Would i every pay $60,000 for one? Hell no, but im glad they are not all over the place!

ORIGINAL: jerjan

Screw the GT500! The standard GT is faster with a twin screw. Two guys in my area have them, They say they handle like crap! Their gonna be lowering them for sure! So they gotta do suspension mods just like we do. And as for power, 440 HP to the wheels and they weigh 500 lbs more than a GT. Hmm, slap a name and a fat motor ina car and charge outrageous prices. No thanks, I' stay with my GT, Thank you very much!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:17 AM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Cant we all just get along.[sm=violent053.gif]
Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Ford would be so much better off either owning their dealer network or opening a direct selling channel to the public. Stories of dealer misconduct are legion and the OP just reinforces that image.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 AM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

I really don't get this

People complaining about ethics and fairness? Its a dealer's job to make as much money as possible. The ethics of business are to make as much money as possible legally. When businesses start giving out free mustangs i'll be worried.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:40 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

u must be a rich jerk if u posting a topic like this, how about this: SORRY IM NOT AS RICH AS YOU -------we all wish we could afford a gt500 and if it wasnt for the stupid markups, we would probably have one, so i dont see your point in that, dealers make enough money, they sell their cars for more than what it cost to build them
Your first statement makes you sound extremely jealous and envious. It also makes it very obvious youhave absolutely no business senseor high asperations. Having money doesn't necessarily make you "rich" or a jerk. As far as you not having as much as someone else, only you can control your own outcome in life. As a business owner(We recently owned two, but sold one), I'm curious to know what you consider "enough money" is? Is there a point where we're supposed to say"Ok, we've made enough, time to stop and just break even"? We sell for more than what it costs to buy and transport. We are in business only for one reason....to make a profit!Does that make us bad? I know of NO business in this country that sells their product for only what their costs are. To expect that is completely asenine. We are in business to make as much profit as possible, and we have been doing so in this business for 18 years, and the other one for 23 years. If you feel that the dealers are making too much money off of you, do one of two things. Either get smarter about how you make your purchases, or buy a used car!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:55 AM
robsirish

i'm a ford employee, my dad was a ford employee 2 brothers and brother-in-law ford employees. i have never owned anything but fords and problably never will. but i do not consider the stealerships to be ford motor company and none of this markup is going back to ford. sure i'm pissed, i waited for this car instead of buying an 05,06 gt and then when price is anounced by FORD i new i could afford it, only to find out that the dealers need 15-20,000 dollars more of my hard earned money for the 0% effort they put into designing and building this car (although i guess its okay since their donating it all to end world hunger). bitter? f*** yes i'm bitter butokay enough wining for now, my new vert gt is supposed to be delivered tommorow and saleen 475hp upgrade kit to be installed july 10th.!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Ford scuks! Anyone want to trade me a SS for my GT?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

Ford sucks! Anyone want to trade me a SS for my GT?
Would that be a Cobalt SS?[sm=lol.gif]

Quick Reply: I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500