Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windveil with White Stripes, finally!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:02 AM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Windveil with White Stripes, finally!

I think it looks great! Might I ask for a quick review of how easy they were to install? I've been contemplating redoing mine, but I've heard they are a pain the a$$ to apply. I heard it's tough to get them to follow the lines of the car and you have to apply just the right amount of heat in the right spots.

ORIGINAL: JudisStang

Anyone who knows me, knows I have been waiting for this since I picked up my car...

I ordered the stripes from BSM, the installer was IMPRESSED and VERY happy with the ease of installation/cuts/etc. If you are in NJ/NY/PA border and need an installer/tint - PM me for name and number - he comes to you (Sean was hard to find but worth the wait)...

Here are the stripes! If you hate 'em, PLEASE keep it to yourself!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 02:04 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

those look great..white would have been my choice also.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

It looks awesome dude. Now one question, why do you have your keys in the trunk lock? Why didnt you use the button on the remote?

Edit - Also, what did the installer charge you?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Wow great looking stripes
Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

White is the right chouce. If I were going to stripe mine, it would be in white...
Old 07-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

Looks good! I would do black but that is bc my interior and pin stripe are black. Sweet ride!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Lime green would have been my first choice, but the white looks good too

[8D]
Old 07-01-2007, 12:30 PM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

Looks awesome. White stripes on Windveil Blue is the best choice, makes the color pop. I debated until I put on white pinstripes, My stripe kit comes next week...can't wait. Once again lookes very good.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

Sweet!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Thank you guys so much - it means a lot to have sweet compliments on my ride...
I'll answer the questions best I can... I had a literal hell of a time finding someone here in NJ to do the install, I hunted this guy down through a local dealer. He had striped my brothers Grabber Orange in the showroom.

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver
Looks wicked! Haven't seen white over Windveil, looks great. What wheels are you running? With the white stripes, I'd think polished or chrome wheels would be the only way to go.................
Once again, very nice!
Thank you so much!!! Wheels are stock 17" painted - I'd love a polished set... I'm taking donations :-) Only kidding!! Well.....

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc
Wow...I was nervous when I saw the first pic.....
thanks for the compliments!
Hahahaha, Mike - I thought, hmmm - maybe I should add a few more pics... that looked like one sorry stripe...

ORIGINAL: brewcity
very nice i have been undedided on white or black stripes on my windveil. white seems the way to go![sm=icon_rock.gif]
I'll tell you what, these White Gloss stripes look killer on the windveil... I saw a car like this drive up my street a few years ago with this combo and angels sang

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp
Satin silver would be my choice too. I would have never considered white but it actually looks much better than I would have imagined. Nice job!!
What color of white is that?
Thank you, means a lot! White Gloss.

ORIGINAL: Stndbck
That looks so sweet you could eat it !!!! Awesome job! How much was your install? I am soooo on the fence about doing this to mine....... Jersey Girls rock!
Sandy, these were $250 install, $150 was the cost for the stripe set from Baltimore Street Mods - Install took about 5 hours, he was very particular (I think he knew I was a little nutty about my ride) - email me for the # if you need it...

ORIGINAL: 6605stang

I think it looks great! Might I ask for a quick review of how easy they were to install? I've been contemplating redoing mine, but I've heard they are a pain the a$$ to apply. I heard it's tough to get them to follow the lines of the car and you have to apply just the right amount of heat in the right spots.
I could not have done this install... well, maybe if I had a garage, boatload of patience and four days to kill... very tedious work, bumper to bumper - I admire those who did it/do it themselves!!! If you do not have patience, I suggest finding an installer...

ORIGINAL: Pantera72
It looks awesome dude. Now one question, why do you have your keys in the trunk lock? Why didnt you use the button on the remote?
Edit - Also, what did the installer charge you?
Thanks dude! Are you still mad abut me voting NO to stripes on your car and the Holly Hobby comment??? The keys are in the trunk so the installer didn't lock them in there... Install was $250.

ORIGINAL: Scotty07
Lime green would have been my first choice, but the white looks good too[/color]
Well, we saw Windveil with baby pink and it looked HOT!!!! but eventho it is my car - I do let my husband drive it once in a while...

Quick Reply: Windveil with White Stripes, finally!