Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Education

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:58 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Tuning Education

ORIGINAL: Frederick the Great

Thanks, but I think I am going to wait onthe tune. Was checking it out and I guess you get the sct x2 with the paxton blower kit ($4764. is the cheapest I have seen on the web for a Novi 2200 kit), throw in the bbk cool air intake, throttle body, and undrive pulley ! Now I only need about $5500 to make it all happen. ****! Anyone good at installing blower kits in south FL?
take about $600 off that price since you don't want to underdrive the sc, and the sc should come with its own variation of an intake. If you're in S FL, have Steeda do it...they're right in Pompano! p.s. I'm up in Vero Beach...where you at? Ever hit moroso in WPB?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

If your going S/C leave out the Underdrive Pulleys (you'll have to switch back for the S/C) and be prepared to toss the CAI (probably wont work with your S/C either). I'm going S/C after January and I went ahead and did the CAI but passed on the UDP's. You can still get good numbers (308 rwhp) and if that isn't enough throw the bottle at it![sm=nxsmile.gif]
Alright, I see it all the time and have not figured it out, what is CAI?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

I live in Jupiter. Is Blow By pricey?
Not too bad, they can work with you. give them a call and see what they say. make sure you talk to chris.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

Thanks, but I think I am going to wait onthe tune. Was checking it out and I guess you get the sct x2 with the paxton blower kit ($4764. is the cheapest I have seen on the web for a Novi 2200 kit), throw in the bbk cool air intake, throttle body, and undrive pulley ! Now I only need about $5500 to make it all happen. ****! Anyone good at installing blower kits in south FL?
take about $600 off that price since you don't want to underdrive the sc, and the sc should come with its own variation of an intake. If you're in S FL, have Steeda do it...they're right in Pompano! p.s. I'm up in Vero Beach...where you at? Ever hit moroso in WPB?
Jupiter
Old 07-01-2007, 12:03 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Cold Air Induction (Cold air Intake). Didn't know at first either. Still trying to figure out some of these abreviations!

+1 on staying away from an after market throttle body.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

If your doing away with your cai are you going back to your stock air box? Ifwe sc won't that put our cars over 450hp, so we would need a tb?????
Old 07-01-2007, 12:18 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

If your doing away with your cai are you going back to your stock air box? Ifwe sc won't that put our cars over 450hp, so we would need a tb?????
oh god... depending on which sc you purchase determines the intake yu will have. the saleen sc you can keep the stock or add your own CAI, most others come with there own intake. you do NOT need a new throttle body just because your pushing 450 (which imo is too much for the stock internals). do some searches to learn and figure exactly what you want and need. just remember you cant strap on a sc, crank up the boost and expect your engine to be able to handle it.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

oh god... depending on which sc you purchase determines the intake yu will have. the saleen sc you can keep the stock or add your own CAI, most others come with there own intake. you do NOT need a new throttle body just because your pushing 450 (which imo is too much for the stock internals). do some searches to learn and figure exactly what you want and need. just remember you cant strap on a sc, crank up the boost and expect your engine to be able to handle it.
Thanks for the help, I was only thinking 6-8 psi.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

+1 on the 450 with stock internals. You can go higher but depending on your engine and driving habits the internals may go sooner rather then later. Can only tell you what I've heard hasn't happened to me.

As Tripod says most S/C's come with the intake. Check and see what you want. I'm going Kenne Bell so the C&L will have to go. Oh well (but I'm keeping the spray)[sm=smiley2.gif]. I plan to get the internals done with the S/C. Hence the January time frame.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

I would make the drive up to VMP before I would let Steeda do it! Justin is really hard to beat...

Quick Reply: Tuning Education