Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Education

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

Default Tuning Education

I am really lost when it comes to tuning. I understand why it is done but have no clue how or what I need to get it done. I was reading Diablo's page about the Predator but I am still lost. If I put a full exhaust on my car, cool air intake, and eventually other mods. do I just buy the predator and reflash the computer? Or do I buy the predator and take it somewhere? As you can tell, completely lost!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:57 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tuning Education

i would suggest calling brenspeed.com and buy a sct x2, tell him your mods and he will send you the tuner with all of your mods programmed in. then you plug and play. it will probably run you around 400bux. but well worth it. b a m a chips also does a great job. the best solution would be to get a custom tune if you have a good tuning shop around.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

i would suggest calling brenspeed.com and buy a sct x2, tell him your mods and he will send you the tuner with all of your mods programmed in.
Thanks, I went to Brenspeed's website and it makes much more sense now. So theysend you the sct x2 and they program it according to your mods, and you just hook it up to your car and its done?

Saving money for a blower but going to get full exhaust in the mean time. Does anyoneknow if I will need tuned if I put a full exhaust on without any other mods on the car, for now?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:27 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Frederick the Great
Does anyoneknow if I will need tuned if I put a full exhaust on without any other mods on the car, for now?
you dont need to, but you will gain much more hp and tq with a tune
Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

i would suggest calling brenspeed.com and buy a sct x2, tell him your mods and he will send you the tuner with all of your mods programmed in. then you plug and play. it will probably run you around 400bux. but well worth it. b a m a chips also does a great job. the best solution would be to get a custom tune if you have a good tuning shop around.
+1 on brenspeed...a couple of things worth mentioning about them: one, the sct x2 will come with their expert dyno tunes not canned tunes, and two, as long as you buy the x2 from them, any future modspurchased through themwill inlcude a free emailed tune for that mod, as opposed to hopping around from one tuner to another and paying for every retune...
Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

Thanks, but I think I am going to wait onthe tune. Was checking it out and I guess you get the sct x2 with the paxton blower kit ($4764. is the cheapest I have seen on the web for a Novi 2200 kit), throw in the bbk cool air intake, throttle body, and undrive pulley ! Now I only need about $5500 to make it all happen. ****! Anyone good at installing blower kits in south FL?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:45 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, but I think I am going to wait onthe tune. Was checking it out and I guess you get the sct x2 with the paxton blower kit ($4764. is the cheapest I have seen on the web for a Novi 2200 kit), throw in the bbk cool air intake, throttle body, and undrive pulley ! Now I only need about $5500 to make it all happen. ****! Anyone good at installing blower kits in south FL?
i live in south florida... blow-by racing in boca is an amazing shop. im having them install my turbo next month. they have done a lot of installs to my car and have been completely satisfied.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

If your going S/C leave out the Underdrive Pulleys (you'll have to switch back for the S/C) and be prepared to toss the CAI (probably wont work with your S/C either). I'm going S/C after January and I went ahead and did the CAI but passed on the UDP's. You can still get good numbers (308 rwhp) and if that isn't enough throw the bottle at it![sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

If your going FI dont bother with UDP's you'll only end up with paper wheights once the sc goes on.The throttle body is a story in itself, I would do a search and read all of the forum comments before buying that as it has caused problems on some cars besides the stock TB is more than adequate up to about 450HP I believe. If you buy your xcal2 from Brent then buy the sc kit later from him I'm sure he will work the price accordingly but I would talk to him about it before deciding if I were you.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

i live in south florida... blow-by racing in boca is an amazing shop. im having them install my turbo next month. they have done a lot of installs to my car and have been completely satisfied.
[/quote]

I live in Jupiter. Is Blow By pricey?

Quick Reply: Tuning Education