Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else not take test drive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:58 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone else not take test drive?

no, I didnt either. Car was listed new from a dealer on ebay for 3 times....no one bid. We lowballed them over email...he accepted. We drove up, bought the car and loaded it on a trailer and drove home. Yeh we didnt even drive it at all until we were home (4 hours away) even then we had to do it illegally because damn massachusetts doesnt issue temporary plates. (bastards) No regrets...great product
Old 07-01-2007, 01:04 AM
MyGrabberOrangeGT
2nd Gear Member

Found mine online. Made the deal on the phone. Drove 350 miles to get it and drove it home. No test drive required, that's what the warranty is for.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Mine was glassed in on the showroom floor (right next to a $200K solid black Ford GT), so I test drove another GT that was out in the lot. It took them like an our to remove the big glass panel that comes out when they drive a car out of the showroom, but it was worth it.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Didn't test drive nor did we have an 06 brocher in April of 05 to order from.

No 2005 yellew verts we avalible ANYWHERE! So we ordered a fully loaded06 yellow convertible Mustangand WAITED! I was toldwe got one of the very first 06 yellow verts made... but you never know! Arrived in Sept 05 but picked it up Oct 5. Funniest part was I went there to tell them we didn't want it..... It was sitting all alone with our name on a sheet of paperhanging from the mirror..... with....SOLD! ....under it!

YepI drove it home that day. Car had like .7 miles on it when I left the dealer ship and had 175 miles that evening when I parked it in the garage. (btw I live about 8 miles from the dealership! lol) I think the first 20 miles I drove it then shut it down for a hour then drove about 25 more miles waited another hour then fifty more miles and again shut it down and let everything cool finaly about 75 miles and let her rest for the night. Have driven it hard ever since! 22000 miles and counting, with LOTS of aftermarket parts!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

No test ethier..lol,I basically learned to drive a stick off the lot at the same time too....My buddy MADE
me drive his manual S-10 for 10mins,(He told me I had to get a manual..lol)But I seen my stang with the
options I wanted and it was manual..Nervous as hell..I drove itfrom the parking spot and out the lot......
no missed gears!! Big props to my friend kevin for showing me the light!!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:02 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

i tested a Windveil Blue one and then searched for Sonic Blue
Old 07-01-2007, 02:05 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Nope first drive was when we picked it up.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

test drove an 02, then my dad decided I needed a car with far less miles, pref less than 15K since this will have to last through the next several years, and he knew I liked the s197 so next thing I knew we were at a dealer. I already knew what I wanted and the only reason I test drove anything was because everyone insisted I take it around the block. I told them, "I've test driven like 3 already, I know what it feels like!" But also I guess it's good to make sure there aren't any problems since I bought mine used.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:09 AM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

had no time to test drive, another dudewas looking at it and i said sell it to me before he gets it, my sales person got me the car and as soon as the other dudegot back from test driving it, i took the keys andsaid thanks for breaking it in.the look on the guys face as i rolled out of the dealership....priceless.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Drove a Shelby GT-H for a week in LA

Got back to New York and picked up my GT a few months later

Best test drive ever

Quick Reply: anyone else not take test drive?