Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I get the diablosport?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Bama Boy

Default should I get the diablosport?

Ok so Im buying a borla kit from PFYC.com for a very discounted price, and i was thinking of buyingadiablosport tuner (also discounted to 399.99) at the same time.
the exhaust will be my first mod to my car, and i was wondering if buying the tuner would be a good investment in the long run, or if I should just buy something else instead.
Thanks alot guys
Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: should I get the diablosport?

sct x2 from brenspeed 379.00
Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bama Boy

Ok so Im buying a borla kit from PFYC.com for a very discounted price, and i was thinking of buyingadiablosport tuner (also discounted to 399.99) at the same time.
the exhaust will be my first mod to my car, and i was wondering if buying the tuner would be a good investment in the long run, or if I should just buy something else instead.
Thanks alot guys
Brenspeed will get you the sct xcal2 for 380, comes with 3 of his custom tunes tailored to your mods. B.ama deals wtih both diabl and sct and again 3 custom tunes for about the price your quoting so I would say no get your handheld and tunes from one of the 2 I mentioned. If you want to spend a couple hundred more you can get the cai/tuner package from either of the 2 vendors I have mentioned, VMP is also said to be very good but havnt looked at thier prices. You will save in the long run doing it this way.

If your in alabama you could porbably drive some and get your car dyno tuned by B.ama.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Jito007
2nd Gear Member

I agree on getting the CAI with the tuner you will save in the end.. plus u get more in terms of performance
Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Your crazy.....get a diablosport and CAI/combo from B amachips.....399 is not a discount that is the standard price! Hell you live in Alabama so go get the car tuned by Doug. I would kill for the opportunity!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Get with yourdyno man(local dyno or via internet, like brenspeed) and see whichtunerthey workwith, then go accordingly...for instance brenspeed uses sct xcal 2...also might as well pick up the CAI/tuner combo, instead of picking it up later on and losing the combo savings (like I did - DUH!!!) Also, whoever you buy the tuner from, inquire as to whether it includes canned tunes (generic) or custom dyno tunes(you'll get more out of these). Needless to say stay away from secondhand/ebay tuners because your car's needs do not = someone else's car's needs.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ya, 399.99 is list price.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Bama Boy

K so Im hearing things about this guy, Doug. Can somone point me in his general direction or send me his UN?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Personally i would say get the SCT since more people are willing to tune with it as opposed to diablo.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

SCT > Diablo.....

+1 as metioned above... Doug @ B a M a C h i p s... or Brent @ Brenspeed for a tuner/CAI combo!!

Quick Reply: should I get the diablosport?