Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
mtusrsmith

Default RE: WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Go to a different dealer ASAP! They will have on the computer system that it has been in many times for the same problem. I would contact a lawyer as well and go after the dealer. Contact Ford customer support as well and file a complaint against the dealer refusing to do the work as stated. This is all red tape and smoke screens. Make sure to document everything and take many pics of the problem. Check the TSB list on this site for the sealer TSB mentioned earlier. Hope it helps.....I am mad as well for you!
Yes, without a doubt I will be going to a different dealer. I have contacted Ford's 1-800 number as well, the truth is that I have gotten about the same level of satisfaction with them as I did from my dealer. As far as a lawyer, well, I'm not sure whether I would prefer to deal with a lawyer or a car salesman....

As far as I know there is no TSB related to the leak yet. Anyone with any information--like a TSB number--please chime in!!

Good to know that others see it the way I do, thanks guys (and girls)!!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:38 PM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

just imagine... most of us on here are enthusiasts, and will forgo similar problems because we love the car... imagine if you bought a focus, or fusion, and just liked the car.... this kind of stuff doesn't help bring that customer back for their next car. no wonder they're in such big trouble.

anyway, that totally sucks man. let us know if you get it fixed.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

If there is a tsb in this I would love to see it!!!! Mine has a passenger side leak after driving in a heavy storm...... I would rather chop off my arm than go to the dealer
Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

TSB# 07-1-11 , 05-13-3 Hope this helps, if you need more info just let me know!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Jokeurmnd
2nd Gear Member

Damn man you really tried to figure it out.Now maybe i didn't read it but did you already know you had a leak???I live in so cal where it doesn't rain much and I'm not sure if it leak but i don't think i would go out and try to find it.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:11 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Jackies stang was the one that found the TSB for you and the lawyer thing I use as a scare tactic at the dealer. They really have a tendancy to listen up and listen good when told to call your lawyer. Also another good way to gets things done with dealers is to call your local news stations and have them look into it for you (bad publicity for the dealer). You know someone like problem solvers channel 2, 4, or 7 etc. Its funny how things suddenly get done when a local or national news station is outside your dealer asking questions and snooping around. Power to the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Luxembourger

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

Hi!

Would it be possible to post a link to this TSB 07 - 1- 11 ? Kept googling, but can't find it...
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM
mtusrsmith

ORIGINAL: Jokeurmnd

Damn man you really tried to figure it out.Now maybe i didn't read it but did you already know you had a leak???I live in so cal where it doesn't rain much and I'm not sure if it leak but i don't think i would go out and try to find it.
Yes, I knew it had a leak, it had leaked on three previous occasions. The first time they attempted a repair on the cowl panel, the next two times they refused a repair attempt, claiming they could notget it toleak.

Jackie, can you PM the content of the TSB, if you have it?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
fredlo69
1st Gear Member

This Sunday I had the dreadfull leak happen to my stang. It's leaking on the passenger side. Took it today to the dealer, will post later my outcome with the dealer. This leak started while driving from Florida to New York. NOT FEELING GOOD AT ALL!
Any infoon how to handle this is welcomed. Damn car if only I didn't like so much. I would trade the b***ch in.

Thanks
Fredlo69
Old 07-10-2007, 02:40 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

Here's TSB 05-13-3:

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricant.../tsb/05133.pdf

And 07-1-11:

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricant.../tsb/07111.pdf

Interesting thing is -they'refor the Focus, not the Mustang.

Quick Reply: WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!