Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why not Roush?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why not Roush?

The Roush cars area complete package, they are pretty much ready to take to a real race circuit (real = circuits with left AND right turns). For that application it's all about the way the whole car works, not individual items. Locomotive power is nice but not absolutely essential for track work.The Roush chassis simply doesn't need more power and makes the most from it's 425hp, itis faster around any track than most of our rides, including the GT500 which lags behind a Roush so much you'd be shocked.

Of course,the comparatively soft 425hp is partly the reason Ford standby the 3 year warranty, but I think it's more because the Roush is a Ford project.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:26 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Jack Roush is a marketing genius, His parts are just parts, some good, some not so good.

A real marketing genius. That's why he rebadges an airraid cold air intake and stamps his name on to mark up the price. Someone that has all the money roush does, and all the engineers. And he can't even come up with a cold air intake for our cars. Exhaust too, pretty sure on his o/r upgrade he uses the frpp/borla copy stinger system. Couldn't make your own exhaust Jack? Stage 1, forget about it. If you like the body kit, go buy one. Save a lot of money on your insurance. Like the few suspension upgrades, save the money and order his copied stuff online.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Ford racing does the same thing. rebadge and mark up
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
danam
2nd Gear Member

I have an 05 Stage 2 and I love it. It's not common to see any up here in MAssachusetts. As a matter of fact in two years I have only seen about 5 and mostly at shows, sometimes around where I live because the only NEw England Roush Dealer is minutes away. It's a great car as is the Saleen, it's more than just doing the mods yourself. I will add the ROush supercharger to keep its value and the warranty. Roush are great cars with very little problems vs Saleen which have been experiencing lots of problems lately.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:11 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I did fall for the appearance stuff...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:28 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Like the guys said parts are pointlessly expensive.

As for body parts, the rousch stang looks like a giant brick!
Brick, Huh? ...LOL...

My car is a bona fide Roush and I could give you 15 car lengths and STILL BEAT YOU....
Old 07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Your psosts are always colorful they really spice up the debate LOL, I'll be buying some of those brick parts eventually but may never see the 10sec dd, want to trade?[8D]
Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Cause Saleen is better
Old 07-07-2007, 01:23 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Exsqueeze me, Fordfanboy I just saw a month or so ago that you started some threads that showed your car with a KB supercharger, Is this not true anymore Mr. Rousch?
ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Like the guys said parts are pointlessly expensive.

As for body parts, the rousch stang looks like a giant brick!
Brick, Huh? ...LOL...

My car is a bona fide Roush and I could give you 15 car lengths and STILL BEAT YOU....

Quick Reply: Why not Roush?