Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont let your friends drive your mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dont let your friends drive your mustang

Noone drives my car but me.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:08 PM
scubastang

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

And you let your friends drive it initailly because......................
I wasn't there, needless to say, the wife has been grounded from ever driving him again.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:14 PM
NamelessLiar
1st Gear Member

My wife doesn't know how to drive a manual TO THIS DAY! This ensures that she can't touch my mistress.... and when she gets the urge and badgers me for it, I take her to this huge parking lot, tell her that she's doing it wrong, over correct and when she starts crying I get my keys back and she doesn't ask again for another 6 months....
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 07-07-2007, 06:18 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like some of you need better friends. I can trust my friends totally with my cars. They wont even egg me on to race anyone. Most of my friends have driven my cars if i give someone my keys I expect them to treat my car the same way they would expect me to treat there own cars. Unless I specifically say to them they can have a bit of fun non of my friends would do anything behind the wheel that I would not like. And even if i said they can have some fun I know they will not drive it crazy as there not used to the car same as I would not get into my friends cars on the off times I have driven them and drive them hard. I tend to baby them along. Most of my friends are between 19 - 25 and not 1 of them would do something stupid behind the wheel.

Need to tell your friends to stop ****ing around with your car or there walking in future.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:19 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

Nobody drives my car but me period!![sm=innoc.gif]
Same here !
Old 07-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scubastang

Heh, the Mrs took out mine, got too drunk to drive. She let her friend drive it and her friend smack the rear axle into a curb. Shattered the rim and bent the axle. I don't see how she did that, since she said she was only going 20-25mph.
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:'(][][][]
Idont know but that sure seems like divorce court territory to me[:@]
Old 07-07-2007, 06:32 PM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WolfeStang

every time I let my friends drive my stang they act like complete retards. they pull up to every car at every stop light and start revving the engine. they speed everywhere. they eyeball chicks out the driverside window and dont watch wtf is going on in front (my buddy put a hole in my bumper this way).

I guess people think driving a stang gives them a license to act like a jack ***. anyone else have this problem? I have a new rule - no one drives my stang but me.
i have no idea how old you are, but most everyone under the age of 23 is immature, especially when it comes to treating other people's stuff. don't let them drive it, don't let them give you hell. you've got a good new rule. treat her right, man.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:37 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

I only let my friends drive my car that I know can handle it. My one buddy has a modded 05 GTO 6-speed, so I don't mind letting him drive mine as long as he returns the favor.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Last time I had a friend drive my stang I was drunk and asked him.He said OK!! Well on the way
I could tell he was dying to mash it,I told him(drunk)ok one time but be careful! We turned right
built up with adrenaline he rolled thru first and broke loose in 2nd.Well at the spot he broke loose
there was a undercover cop in a turning lane..OOP's Long story short he got a $200 fine.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

hahahah thats great...well not for ur friend but that'll teach him hahah. i only let one of my friends drive my car. He is one of my best friends and knows how to drive. he also has a 68 camero with an lq9( escalade engine) in it so he knows notto be an idiot with cars that have some power to them.

Quick Reply: Dont let your friends drive your mustang