Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local Car Show Was a Waste Of Time!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Local Car Show Was a Waste Of Time!

haha look at the mini bike, 3 tv monitors that i can see and speakers lmao!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:51 AM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

as for the origanil problem I think you were at the wrong show with the wrong audiance.
For the yellow and red peice of rice, is that a spring holding the hood up? Holy smokes!

Old 07-08-2007, 04:01 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

I did a 4th show too, my first one with this car. There were about half a dozen Scions there with about 20 monitors between them. All you heard was Need for Speed all day through his stereo as they played out of the trunk. I didn't expect much since they had all Mustangs in the same class, 64-07 but I somehow managed to walk away with 1st place! I don't think I deserved it, there were some VERY nice 60's Mustangs there that should have blown me away. They look that nice after 40 years, mine looks this nice after 8 months, that should have counted for something.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I don't get it...
You have what appears to be a bone stock, late model Mustang. What exactly qualifies that car for any kind of medal or trophy?
Look at the Mustangs that are winning at the car shows and all the mods they have![:-]
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Lol just look at the kids walking around. They look 12 years old!

Gotta love the highschool days!
Haha those are my 22y/o friends! That was a DTP show. There were some nice cars at that show, but more stupid cars than anything.I swear the more monitors you have the higher chance you have of winning.
Best part of that show was the model search, bikini contest and lapdance contest haha
Old 07-08-2007, 09:46 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I don't get it...
You have what appears to be a bone stock, late model Mustang. What exactly qualifies that car for any kind of medal or trophy?
Look at the Mustangs that are winning at the car shows and all the mods they have![:-]
I would tend to agree... this is especially true since the OP has a V6! Trying to place at a car show with a mostly stock V6 is going to be very very tough... trust me.. been there, done that! It was not until I put a power adder in that I started picking up awards... It was pretty funny... I put a Zex nitrous kit in and I started picking up awards even though i hadn't filled the bottles!

Oh... and when i was mostly stock... I went to a show... top 50 cars got plaques... 54 cars... I did NOT get one but a stock 2002 Pontiac Aztek did! Go figure! LOL!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:39 AM
1BADD05
3rd Gear Member

My horror story was at a show last year, there was 8 cars in my class, 3 awards per class.

1st - stock 80's pontiac fiero
2nd- stock 2002 thunderbird
3rd stock pt cruiser

so don't get too upset!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

It seems like all the carshows that happen in my area are going the same route. We had two real nice shows that have turned into ricer and lowrider shows. One of them started out as a pre-70's show and just this year was opened up to all years. These kids think they can but some big azz wheels, a system, and a car club plaque on the window on their beat up Cavalier and think it's a show car. What happened to the shows where you had cars that could easily grace the cover of Hot Rod magazine. I was recently taking to a couple of the custom car builders in our area and they have given up on showing around here because of the direction the shows have taken.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

Moonbaby, I know it is a long drive for you but you should come to the CVMC Car Show
September 22nd and 23rd, 2007, I will be there for sure. It's a great show with mustangs
that cover ALL years, Lots of '05-'07 too, Maybe some of the other stang owners from the
Richmond, VA Beach, DC, and surrounding areas should plan to be there and have a MF'ers
section, Maybe our own judges too. Just a thought.

http://www.centralvamustang.com/show/2007/
Old 07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

First of all, my mustang is not stock. I dont have a lot of obvious mods. I prefer subtle mods. I liek the sort of things that you look at and realize that its not stock, but your not quite sure whats different. Just because i dont go with totally rebuilding my car, does not mean that its not a beautifull car. My point is that i lost to cars that dont belong in a show. Dirty, scratched up cars owned by people who think stickers are a mod.

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I don't get it...
I would tend to agree... this is especially true since the OP has a V6! Trying to place at a car show with a mostly stock V6 is going to be very very tough... trust me.. been there, done that! It was not until I put a power adder in that I started picking up awards... It was pretty funny... I put a Zex nitrous kit in and I started picking up awards even though i hadn't filled the bottles!

Oh... and when i was mostly stock... I went to a show... top 50 cars got plaques... 54 cars... I did NOT get one but a stock 2002 Pontiac Aztek did! Go figure! LOL!

Quick Reply: Local Car Show Was a Waste Of Time!