Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Brakes

157 constantly proves that he is ignorant.

Drilled rotors are bad news in STOCK SIZES. In an upgraded application they offset the weight of the increased rotating mass of thelarger disc. The larger discs don't heat up near as fast as the stockers.

The Baer kit uses twin piston calipers that aren't really any better than our stockers. I personally would have gone with the rotors and adaptor plates for the oem calipers. They look nice - i'm just not a blingy kind of guy, especially for that kind of cost.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

157 constantly proves that he is ignorant.

Drilled rotors are bad news in STOCK SIZES. In an upgraded application they offset the weight of the increased rotating mass of thelarger disc. The larger discs don't heat up near as fast as the stockers.

The Baer kit uses twin piston calipers that aren't really any better than our stockers. I personally would have gone with the rotors and adaptor plates for the oem calipers. They look nice - i'm just not a blingy kind of guy, especially for that kind of cost.
Not necessarily the case either. It all depends on how the rotors are drilled. Are they done with precision and the holes are done as part of the design or as an afterthought?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

okay you got me there but really - someone has to be truly ****ED UP to drill holes in a $600 pair of 2-piece rotors.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

but then we may have stopped 157 from buying the GT500 Brembo kit on the cheap and drilling them himself LOL.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Is that Avtar of 157db his real portrtait? Must be.

Chriss I the setup is very ncie but I thought you were selling the car. Arre you havinga change of heart?

Richard
Old 07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

but then we may have stopped 157 from buying the GT500 Brembo kit on the cheap and drilling them himself LOL.
lol...OUCH! But very true on the drilling the rotors yourself not a good idea!

Don't know 157 but then every forum subsection has it's uhh...technically challenged individual(s)
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Some people just don't like anything. I guess the age old addage applies. "Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one, and nobody wants to hear em'" As long as you are happy with them that's all that matters, they look great and they perform well...nuf said!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

So today i put some new wheels on and now i need spacers for the back wheels. I ended up using 7/16th spacers.... Time for new wheels studs
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

Some people just don't like anything. I guess the age old addage applies. "Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one, and nobody wants to hear em'" As long as you are happy with them that's all that matters, they look great and they perform well...nuf said!
I like "opinions are like armpits.........everyone has them but some of them sink"
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

i thought it was "excuses are like ******** (or armpits), we all have them and they all stink..."

just used that on my wife last night... she was not amused.

nice brakes.

ORIGINAL: blueshawk

ORIGINAL: jerjan

I like "opinions are like armpits.........everyone has them but some of them sink"

Quick Reply: New Brakes