Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with brenspeed tuners

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: People with brenspeed tuners

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

I had no problems with the 87 tune. I had pinging with the 93 tune, so I switched to the 91 tune without problems. I like the way his tunes feel.
I switched to the B@Ma 93 race tune to see a difference.. and while it's a great tune, I had to adjust the shift pressure to 10 in order for it to feel as strong as the Brenspeed tune.

But like others have said.. one canned tune might be great on one car.. .and suck on the other... for lots of reasons.

The great thing about Brenspeed is customer service is top notch. And that makes a big difference to me.

Also, the throttle responce feels a little better with the B@ma tune.. but that might be because I just loaded it.

and... I did not have a problem with the Brenspeed tune "relearning" to be more like stock.. but then again.. I usually drive like an ***...
If you talk to him about the tune thats pinging he'll retune it for you. He had me try the 89 tune then retuned my 92 for me and that did the trick, love the tune and havnt noticed any kind of softeneing but I dry fairly aggressively as well. His customer service is some of the I have ever dealt with overall and if I was closer I'd get a dyno tune from him in heartbeat.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilBluPony

I'm running the 87 tune with a C&L CAI and I totally love it. I wish gas $$$ would drop and then I can download my 93! No complaints!
You do realize the difference between running 87 Octane and 93 Octane is only like 3.00 per fill up.

Oh and I have been running Brent's tune for about 1 year no issues.

Richard
Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Audioi
2nd Gear Member

They couldnt be better !
The guys at Brenspeed are top shelf.
There tunes are great. I ended up using the 93 and had them taylor the shift points to my liking. What a huge improvement.
Nice people.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Humphrey99

I got the C&L w/Brenspeed tune not that long ago. I have a manual, so don't have the shift relearning issues, but no complaints here. Runs much better
Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have run VMP, Brenspeed and B ama and all are great...the B ama race tune is a flat out killer but the VMP and Brenspeeds tunes are quite good also.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i was reading about Bama race tune, almost canceled the brenspeed order but then i thought the race tune might be to much for me, and if not i could ask brenspeed to make it better, cause i think with bama you have to pay for all extratunes right, no matter if you bought the tuner from them? i know with brenspeed they will make you new tunes with new mods you put on ect as long as you get the mods from them.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I have three dyno tunes form him on my tuner.
My 100 octane race tune kicks booty, killed a Viper running that tune a few weeks ago.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

the OP has a stock car. i also had a stock car when i spoke with brent and bought my cai and canned tune. he stated to me that, while he'd be more then happy to do a dyno tune, it probably would not be worth it.

if you have other modifications then i'm sure it would be.

ORIGINAL: zx9rpilot
Now for my $.02....
With regards to canned tunes, it's impossible to make one program that is supposed to work for every car, let alone work in every part of the country with different weather conditions.
If you want the safest, most reliable results, get it dyno tuned. Well worth the $$$.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

The race tune would not be too much for you.. the differences beween all of these tunes is subtle. The description of the race tune on B@ma's website is a bit of an exaggeration. Like I said before.. there are qualities of the race tune that I like.. but I actually had to increase teh shift pressure by 10 in order for it to feel like the brenspeed tune.

ORIGINAL: mattstang2007

Yeah i was reading about Bama race tune, almost canceled the brenspeed order but then i thought the race tune might be to much for me, and if not i could ask brenspeed to make it better, cause i think with bama you have to pay for all extratunes right, no matter if you bought the tuner from them? i know with brenspeed they will make you new tunes with new mods you put on ect as long as you get the mods from them.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: mattstang2007

Doug will update the tune for free no matter where you get your mods.