Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
pdac1975@yahoo.com

Default RE: Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

I agree that Ford should not be responsible for the mods. I mean, if that were the case, things could get absolutely ridiculous. Prices of new cars would soar and warrantees would be sold as an option. Like someone else said though, since they took on the fix, I guess they are now responsible. I anticipate that they won't do that again.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Ford shouldn't be doing any of the aftermarket work, period. Im in the opinion of get 'em for what you can, and you did a good job.

That being said... I would NEVER let a dealer do any special work like that. Its a near zero chance they'll do it right. A dealership is like a computer program with scripts stored inside. If you need something done it calls up the script and executes it identically the same every single time for every person. When you ask for something weird then a programmer has to come in and write his own custom code to do what you wanted, and trust me, that never turns out well. Never ever have a dealer do work that is out of the normal range for them. Now you're stuck with badly painted stripes and a headache.

Also, what about your scoop? You're going back there to have them tighten it? How about save a trip and tighten it yourself? It would take about 4 minutes.

I'm on your side, believe me, but you cant be so helpless. You need to do what you can on your own to make a situation better.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Yah i figured that out also with the scoop....I wasnt quite sure what all i needed to remove the hood liner so i looked it up on here and found out how to take it off....I didnt know that u were able to use the push pins again since when I changed out my side skirts, the push pins that I removed were damagedbecause they are not designed to come out....i just do what others said and used a fork and took em out, removed the liner, tightened it up, and replaced the liner using the same push pins......I did not know that it would be that easy......

This post is not about whether or not they should be responsible for the mods on the hood, only that they agreed to do the work and focked it up....Only half of the fault lies withthe dealersince they tried to give the car back to me in the condition that it was....The other half lies with the body shop that they used to paint the hood since the dealer didnt have a paint booth...It was funny because it is a local body shop and my gf and everyone i know said they do cheap work but the dealer said they did excellent work; there was only one way to find out.....
Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 PM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

if you let them do the work, especially aftermarket, you should know what you're getting into. just because you take it to a dealer doesn't mean they're the best body shop in town... a dealer will jack up your car just as easy as anyone else out there.... do your homework
Old 07-12-2007, 10:24 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

okay......factoring out the fact that they focked up my stripes in almost every way possible, taking the aftermarket out of your ammunition, the hood would still resemble the blue on your car in terms of shades of white and I will still be in pretty much this same situation Im in now other than the fact that when it finally is done, i will be $300 lighter for having to pay to have everything striped again........

i know this is a headache for me and Ill never have a dealer do anything like this again, but when its all over and done with, it will be FREE!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

What was that EAGLES' SONG ???? Uh,...... "GET OVER IT",
raid your bank account, PAY to "git er dun" RIGHT,...... and PLEASE quit whining about, the dealer, and your friend,................ (WHO both screwed up)[sm=signs003.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif]
$$$$$$ can fix everything !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

They should have put it back the way it was, Painting the stripes was a really poor judgement call on thier part. They agreed to do it, and they charged you for it. If you had taken it to any body shop you would expect it to be perfect. Why should it be any different just because a dealer body shop did the work. Make em' fix it correctly. Sucks that you gotta go through all this crap to get it done right.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

I think the dealer should pay for all the aftermarket stuff to get fixed.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:14 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

dealer should pay, Ford damaged your property. They should pay the difference to have the stripes replaced. Next time you go in, if they refuse, just tell the rep to hold on a sec. Start dialing a number on your cell, pref a good buddy like the one that helped you earlier, then say one sec while I get my lawyer on the phone. At that point, if they don't pucker up their ***-cheeks and start helping then hand the phone over with your buddy and hope he's a good BS artist. In reality a real lawyer would cost about the same as the stripes so it's not really worth it to really get one,lol, but hey, you never know.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:20 AM
JasonwantsaGT

Yet another worthwhile post by LegallyTorchRED

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, YOUR point is ??????????????????????????

Quick Reply: Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!