Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you happy with your car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Are you happy with your car?

I am not happy with my Mustang.

I am ecstatic.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

My car makes me happy!

Only thing I would change is the damn head rests.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:26 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Love it, love it, love it.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Have 2 of them...The wife drives one, and I drive the other. Neither one has been in the shop for a single problem, both are GT's, The Red one my wife drives is an Auto, The Blue one I drive is a manual.....I don't think you can buy a better car for the money!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I think you know what this forum is going to tell you. We are all Mustang LOVERs at heart and we all love ours for one reason or another. It's like going to a Camaro or Corvetteforum and asking them what they think of the Mustang.

BTW +1 on the Mustang.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

complaints about a mustang? Where's 47magic when you need him lol...

I pick the mustang...

p.s. mustangmadness7, next time I'm "alone" with myself I'm gonna load up one of your posts and use your avatar...oh yeah...
Old 07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

I had a 97 C5 Corvette. Loved the car, had to give it up when we were about to have our son and buy a house.
Now have a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible.

They are totally different cars. My wife hated my Corvette. She hated getting in and out of it, and didn't care for the ride.
But my wife != your wife.

Also we can throw our kids in the back of our Mustang with child seats, and go for a spin. Neither the 350Z nor the Z06 will allow that.
We have about 1,000 miles on ours now (in 2.5 weeks ), and no complaints so far.

That said, the Z06 is a wonderful car! I would get one if I didn't have the kids
It also has a good sized trunk, and can be very practical. I missed my C5 tremendously until I got my GT.
You will see more Mustangs on the road than C5s, so if exclusivity is something you cherish the Z06 works well there.

My coworker has a 350Z. It is the least practical of all 3 cars (at least his is -- I think his is a 2005). And my guess is that it is the most expensive too (brand new).
Old 07-13-2007, 09:14 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

I really considered the 350Z but the The Shelby GT is just so awesome looking so I got it! Corvettes never did it for me but I like the LS2 engine and the 6 speed that comes in them. These new mustangs are just the best looking cars on the market, IMO.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 AM
nate22

I am VERY happy with my Mustang. The 2005-Present model is a real nice piece of work. I drove the 2004 and hated it. Really bad suspension! Ford really did it right with the S197. The only issues I have are similar to the other minor onesmentioned by earlier posters. My knee hitsthe keys, the drivers seatbelt is kinda hard for me to reach sometimes, and the headrest leans too far forward. Minor stuff! My V6 also is a little noisy withthemanual transmission, and the shift boot folds rubagainsteach other making a squeaking noise.However, I just turnthe radio up!

Bottom linethough, everyone is different and personal taste comes into play. I can't wait to mod my V6 a little and "really" make it MINE!

Nothing like that new car smell, however, if I had the money and was faced with a choice between a new GTand a used but great condition Corvette, I would probably choose the Vette. I have always wanted one but its out of my price range.

FYI - My boss had a brand new 350Z and had nothing but trouble with it. Transmission, radiator, etc.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:22 AM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

It makes me do this ...

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your car?