Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGW upgrade kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Default MGW upgrade kit

Anyone else receive a MGW short throw shifter upgrade kit?

I got an e-mail a few days ago saying I was being shipped something from MGW. I did not ask them for anything so I thought it would be interesting to see what arrived. Yesterday DHL dropped off a small box. Inside was a new shift block, spring, and a rubber mat for more sound deadening.

The directions said to mount the rubber mat under the rubber dust boot for added sound deadening and to block more heat from coming up through the shifter hole in the trans tunnel. Sounds good to me. Installed as directed. Works well.

The shift block directions said it was a stronger version of the stock one. It said to turn this one out 10 turns for a 50% reduction in throw, instead of the stock shift block's 12 turns. Also inside the shift block were new style urathane bushings. The spring went up inside the shift block. Installed those today, works fine.

Kinda nice that they sent this out on their own and that I did not have to request it. I think that is good customer service
Old 07-13-2007, 05:21 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: MGW upgrade kit

i want one, how do i get it
Old 07-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

i want one, how do i get it
www.mgwltd.com
Old 07-13-2007, 05:29 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Scotty,
Yep, got mine a couple of days ago. I will install this weekend. I agree. Wonderful customer service. I believe the shift block upgrade is in response to two users out of the original 200 or so shifters, that managed to actually bend the shift block linkage at 12 turns......The new bushings are a bit looser tolerance, to allow for heat expansion......

Mike
Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

George and his company MGW are in a league of their own. Best products, best customer service-period.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

received mine today also. great service from MGW. dont know if i will install it or not. it works great right now at 10 turns out. this is one nice shifter.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

Received mine yesterday will install this weekend as well.Great service.... I just can't seem to figure out the vibration I keep getting in my shifter... Don't mean to hijack the thread but if anyone has an idea, PM me.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

George and the folks at MGW are by far the best! I got my kit this week also. Ironically, last weekend I had installed the original shifter bushings and I turned the block in two turns (I had it at the maximum of 12 turns). Prior to that, the shifting was a little stiff and bit notchy. WOW!! what a difference those two minor changes made. I am so pleased with the MGW shifter. This is a magnificicently engineered precision instrument.

To be honest, I love that George has our best interest in mind and sent out the upgrade kit but I think I'm going to leave it as is (if it's not broken why fix it?).
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gman13

Received mine yesterday will install this weekend as well.Great service.... I just can't seem to figure out the vibration I keep getting in my shifter... Don't mean to hijack the thread but if anyone has an idea, PM me.
Maybe something is a tich out of alignment??
Old 07-14-2007, 06:57 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

UPDATE.....

Installed the upgrade kit today....AWESOME!! If you are still using the original bushings that came with the shifter, do yourself a favor and get this upgrade installed. I cannot believe how much of a difference this made. Feels like another whole new shifter....I went from 8 turns to 7 turns, just to try it out....Butter smooth shift, but still with the razor sharp precision....Finally got up the ***** to bang a solid second gear powershift.....the *** end started to come around a bit, even with the Nittos on. Glad I didn't have the Pirelli's on.....[8D][8D]

Great job again George....Your Company rocks, your Customer Service is top notch, and your products are beyond comparison......

Thanks again,
Mike

Quick Reply: MGW upgrade kit