Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire - Totaled Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 04:20 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fire - Totaled Mustang GT Premium Convertible

ORIGINAL: 157db

ORIGINAL: TTSRACINGWORLD

Sorry about your loss. There was a recall on my 2003 Ford Escape about the ABS could start on fire with the car just setting. There was a problem with the wire connector that would ark and start the fire. You should check with Ford to see if this could be a problem with the Mustangs now. Again, soory to hear about your loss.
12V arcing from a connector?
Only in a Ford TSB.
12V doers not just jump insulation and arc.
It can only short out. Seems fishy to me.
He's refering to this recall.

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
In a small percentage of the affected vehicles, the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) module connector may have missing or dislodged wire seals. This condition could allow contamination to enter the module connector, creating a potential for an electrical short. An electrical short might cause an ABS malfunction that would illuminate the ABS warning light, and in some cases, the module may overheat resulting in burning odor, smoke, and/or fire. This condition could occur either when the vehicle ignition switch is in the off position or while the vehicle is being operated
Haven't seen any messages. There is the recall for f-150 and others for the cruise control pressure cut-off switch leaking and shorting causing a fire. But the s-!97 run through the BEC so no power when the keys off. Most likely arson.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:50 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Well, thanks for all the well wishes. My gut tells me it was some A_hole. But I had a moment of doubt and wonder about the ABS system since it is the only thing in the areawhere it started.

Man, I feel like I could throw-up. Plus the insurance company won't come get it out of my drive until Monday. So I get to smell and see it until then.

My wife said to go ahead and get a Cobra GT 500 and if I can get one, the new Cobra GT 500 Convertible.

Alarm Company already came to the house and I have a contract in hand for a monitored service. 4 Night-vision cameras and DVR go in tomorrow.

I am tempted to put what ever I get to replace my Stang outside with a big sign that says "Why don't you came back and try again! I am waiting!!!"

As an Ex Special Forces Veteran I have just the right thing to cure them from doing this again!!!

Bastards!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mholka

Well, thanks for all the well wishes. My gut tells me it was some A_hole. But I had a moment of doubt and wonder about the ABS system since it is the only thing in the areawhere it started.

Man, I feel like I could throw-up. Plus the insurance company won't come get it out of my drive until Monday. So I get to smell and see it until then.

My wife said to go ahead and get a Cobra GT 500 and if I can get one, the new Cobra GT 500 Convertible.

Alarm Company already came to the house and I have a contract in hand for a monitored service. 4 Night-vision cameras and DVR go in tomorrow.

I am tempted to put what ever I get to replace my Stang outside with a big sign that says "Why don't you came back and try again! I am waiting!!!"

As an Ex Special Forces Veteran I have just the right thing to cure them from doing this again!!!

Bastards!!!

*Salute*

It really is too bad that someone decided to just set your car on fire. [:@] I like the sign idea though, if they're dumb enough to do it once, then maybe they'll actually listen to the sign. :P Glad no one was hurt.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

First off! Glad you and your family are alright! Second, I dont know you from Adam but everyone has enemies, weather you know it or not! But for someone to do that to someones car is just down right wrong, cowards they are destroying property rather than confronting you face to face! Third,If it is was a malfunction, god help us all!
Old 07-14-2007, 06:00 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Martin, sorry for your lose, but look on the bright side, if it were a malfunction and it was parked in your garage, you would have hada much bigger problem now. Yes, it hurts to see your baby all messed up, but I'm sure you will get something even better.

My neighbor and good friend just around the corner lost his house and his mother in-law just days before Christmas of last year due to a fire. She was cooking something and went upstairs and fell asleep. His little boy was able to run out of the house before the fireburned the whole house down in less than 12 minutes. Now, 6 months later, his insurance company rebuilt a new and better home, but they can not replace his mother in-law.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:15 PM
washburn085
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear all this man. I'm glad it was only your car and nothing more.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:26 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Very sorry for what happened. Glad everyone's okay.

There have been a half-dozen cars torched in Greenville NC in the past two weeks.

Hopefully, this isn't some new gang banger rite of passage.

What's going on these days?

Again - sorry. And I hope your insurance folks treat you right.

Ruf
Old 07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

My wife has just retired from Allstate as an Agency Owner so she is working all her contacts. It should be fine.

Thanks everyone! You are all correct. It is just a car that can be replaced. It could have been more like my home or my family.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

First off! Glad you and your family are alright! Second, I dont know you from Adam but everyone has enemies, weather you know it or not! But for someone to do that to someones car is just down right wrong, cowards they are destroying property rather than confronting you face to face! Third,If it is was a malfunction, god help us all!

+1 - what if it had been parked inside?

Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

I'm calling B.S on your story. Special forces hummmm..... Just admit it! You blew your car up to get an ok from the wife for the GT500!

Seriously, glad you and your family are ok. Good luck finding your Cobra and make sure to leave that puppy inside from now on.

ORIGINAL: mholka

Bastards!!!

Quick Reply: Fire - Totaled Mustang GT Premium Convertible