Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With the good comes bad!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Default With the good comes bad!

Let me start by saying I love this forum. Unfortunately, as with most good things in our culture come the bad. The bad in this forum is one individual that can’t seem to get enough of putting people down, making snide comments, and making a general nuisance of himself. I have seen numerous comments by this individual berating other forum members over and over. It gets old very quickly. People get on here because they respect the knowledge and opinion of the forum members only to be told how dumb they are for asking. I personally have not been verbally attacked by this person, but I have witnessed it many times. As you can see I am not calling this person out by name. I think we ALL know who I’m talking about. I’m also sure he will read this post. When he does I want to ask him politely to keep his comments to the subject matter and not spew negativity in every post. If this member continues this behavior I will put a petition together to have them banned from the site. I have already put a word document together of post after post of inappropriate language used toward other members, and a host of other unproductive comments posted by this member. Right now it is midnight for me here in Iraq and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow, but I wanted to post this when the participation was the highest in the forums to get your feed back. In closing let me say this site has been a refuge from the daily grind of being in Iraq and I want to thank all the members that actually contribute knowledge and have helpful attitudes. Thanks
Old 07-14-2007, 03:22 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: With the good comes bad!

first offthanks for doing what you do, i also know how it feels, i was there not 3 months ago for 9 months and this forum helped me out too. take care over thereand look after your self make it back home!
alsoi am pretty sure i know who you are taking about and agree with you 100%.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:22 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Not trying to sound rude but you should probably see a therapist and possibly get your blood pressure checked. To spend this much time dwelling on something that small is a sign of emotional disorder, which can cause physical problems fairly quickly.

Maybe you have a point, and maybe it needs to be heard, but on another topic please take my advice seriously.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Are you talking about legallyTORCHred?

I semi agree with what you are saying, but the people getting censured need to just ignore it, or type something even wittier back. Asking an online forum community to act more civil, is like a nerdy kid going up to a bully and asking him to be nice. It just isn't going to happen.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:26 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

/\ I already have PTSD from last tour so maybe your right. After being here you look at the good things in life a little more closely, and when a person tries to ruin that for thier oun selfish reasons it bothers me.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:31 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Ya know let me point out I wasnt insulting you when I said that you might have an emotional problem by taking it so seriously.... My mother has major emotional probllems, to the point that she'll scream and yell if anyone says something wrong and scream and yell if people then shutup. Its sad really, and I'm thankful I was able to grow up and get out of the house before her mind went.

The moral is someone like her will die younger than needed, because of what they do to themselves emotionally and therefore physically. So if I can get the point across to anyone before its too late, and possibly make them change their demeanor or seek help, then it could really save a life.

But yes, congrats on Iraq service. You're one of the few people that can look at a war video game and say "Wow this is boring" while everyone else drools over it lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:32 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I semi agree with what you are saying, but the people getting censured need to just ignore it, or type something even wittier back. Asking an online forum community to act more civil, is like a nerdy kid going up to a bully and asking him to be nice. It just isn't going to happen.
I will assume so but hell its a free forum were you are free to say what you want...i might not agree with what he says or the way he says it be i get a good laugh sometimes. Everytime someone replies to his posts they are asking for it........arguing on a interent forum is completely useless anyway.

No offense but this has nothing to do with where you posted it either as it is off topic.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I was an infantrymen for eight years. I taught BJJ combatives for two years, I fought in three boxing smokers and won my division all three. I have no need to be sheepish. If someone talked to me that way on the street he would wake up in a hospitol bed. There is no need for that here. If I go to get ice cream and ask the person behind the counter what flavor was good and a bunch of ill tempered people started answering back rude comments, it would kind of ruin the experience now would'nt it? Same here, people come for advice and get verbally spit on, that is ridiculous.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Hmmmmm.
Kinda thought he was refering to me.
Heck, I am a little off the wall sometimes
but dont try to belittle people. They tend
to do it themselves. I have a lot of electrial
knowledge of the 05-07 stangs and could
rewire one in me sleep. I hope I can be of
some help to someone sometime.