Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I changed my MACS for Corsas.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:18 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I changed my MACS for Corsas.

High-flow catted X, that is kinda what I figured.
Do you have any suggestions on brand/model Mr. Exhaust Guru? [sm=hail.gif]
Thanks a lot for the help fellas.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Pypes SFM-66 mid-muffler system. ZERO drone. Remember that with those expensive Corsas, you also get a free set of stainless steel boat pontoons hanging out the back bottom of your Mustang.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

If you're selling the Macs let me know, i've been looking for a pair for awhile now.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

High-flow catted X, that is kinda what I figured.
Do you have any suggestions on brand/model Mr. Exhaust Guru? [sm=hail.gif]
Thanks a lot for the help fellas.
id say SLP as they have an aggressive but quality design, however i don't think they make a full-length assembly. So i would strongly suggest the FRPP x pipe. its high quality, OEM fit, and won't be as raspy.

either that or bassani; they make a quality piece.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:57 AM
zep06
2nd Gear Member

.[/quote]

that would be counterproductive. it would make it sound much tamer.

as for making the corsa's sound more aggressive, you want a hi-flow catted x pipe.

i consider myself the exhaust guru. i've done such a ridiculous amount of research, and heard 90% of the combos in person. if anyone has an exhaust question, ask me.

can i have that as a title? Official MF exhaust guru?

[/quote]

with the power invested in me by the state of nevada, i dub the; MF exhaust guru.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:15 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT
id say SLP as they have an aggressive but quality design, however i don't think they make a full-length assembly. So i would strongly suggest the FRPP x pipe. its high quality, OEM fit, and won't be as raspy.

Thanks for the helo chief.
http://www.lmperformance.com/6609/73.html
Wouldthis bea direct swap for the factory H-pipe assembly?
This would bolt in to the exhaust manifold and run right up to where the end of the stock H-pipe would be?
Also would a setup like this throw a code?
Thank You Sir.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

What is the best mid-pipe for a set of MAC a/bs guru? I want to stay legal though.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:28 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

This would bolt in to the exhaust manifold and run right up to where the end of the stock H-pipe would be?
Thank You Sir.

that would be a direct replacement for stock; that's what "full assembly" means. no, you will not throw a code, as that piece is equipped with o2 bungs. its basically a bolt-up and go job.

in my opinion, theres really no bad midpipe for Mac Axlebacks. just depends on what sound your looking for.

the offroad H pipe or a catted h pipe will give you a deep, aggressive, and well-defined sound. but its an H-pipe, and doesn't have the same high-rpm scream as an X pipe does. in my opinion, it sounds great rumbling around town, but at high RPM and full throttle situations, just doesn't have the neccessary bite.

with an x pipe, be careful, as an offroad x will give you a bit of a raspy, crackly sound. its more crackly than raspy; i think raspy is a term thrown around too much, something that's exemplified by magnapacks with an o/r x on a mach1. but regular conservative driving, it sounds very intimidating, and absolutely scary mean under WOT. i've experienced this combo from inside, outside, etc. and have many videos i'll dig up tommorow. they're on my youtube account (stanghole281). a catted x would work well with LTH's and mac axlebacks.

an offroad prochamber would be the perfect choice in my opinion. the mac's lend themselves to any design, really, but i would suggest an o/r prochamber. it has the musclecar sound of an H pipe, but allows the right sounds to be made in the higher RPM's without the crackling of an offroad X.

id say either the offroad x if you can stand a little crackling, or a prochamber if you just want mean sound. offroad x will be louder.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Thank You Sir.

that would be a direct replacement for stock; that's what "full assembly" means. no, you will not throw a code, as that piece is equipped with o2 bungs. its basically a bolt-up and go job.

in my opinion, theres really no bad midpipe for Mac Axlebacks. just depends on what sound your looking for.

the offroad H pipe or a catted h pipe will give you a deep, aggressive, and well-defined sound. but its an H-pipe, and doesn't have the same high-rpm scream as an X pipe does. in my opinion, it sounds great rumbling around town, but at high RPM and full throttle situations, just doesn't have the neccessary bite.

with an x pipe, be careful, as an offroad x will give you a bit of a raspy, crackly sound. its more crackly than raspy; i think raspy is a term thrown around too much, something that's exemplified by magnapacks with an o/r x on a mach1. but regular conservative driving, it sounds very intimidating, and absolutely scary mean under WOT. i've experienced this combo from inside, outside, etc. and have many videos i'll dig up tommorow. they're on my youtube account (stanghole281). a catted x would work well with LTH's and mac axlebacks.

an offroad prochamber would be the perfect choice in my opinion. the mac's lend themselves to any design, really, but i would suggest an o/r prochamber. it has the musclecar sound of an H pipe, but allows the right sounds to be made in the higher RPM's without the crackling of an offroad X.

id say either the offroad x if you can stand a little crackling, or a prochamber if you just want mean sound. offroad x will be louder.
I dug around your Youtube account and couldn't find any MAC clips. Do you remember any of the names of the clips?

I need it to be louder than a Mach 1 with BBK shorty hearders, O/R X-pipe and no mufflers.

Thanks for the help, there no not many sound clips of MAC's I can find out there.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:45 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Thanks a lot dude.

Quick Reply: I changed my MACS for Corsas.