Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pics - SS rear emblem delete blackout and yellow foglight overlays

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:49 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New pics - SS rear emblem delete blackout and yellow foglight overlays

Well since you're looking for opinions[8D] I think you're car is one of the cleanest (mod wise), most tasteful looking S197's out there. That being said, ditch the yellow covers[:'(]
Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New pics - SS rear emblem delete blackout and yellow foglight overlays

Thanks everyone for the great replies. I'm reconsidering the yellow foglight overlays since so many of you seem to dislike. I will say that they look so much sweeter in person than they do in pics, and I love the way that other people can actually tell that they are fogs now.

8178A - Karrmer is right, VA is hardcore about having front and back plates. The cops will ticket me if they see my with only one.

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

i'm sorry, but that's not appealing to me at all; cobra center caps and a raked stance on a V6, yellow fogs, unpainted CDC chin..
Ok i'll bite, what wrong with a raked stance on a v6? And my 3dcarbon chin spoiler is painted black. Also, i'm lost on your comment about my chin spoiler, how is it that my black spoiler is bad and yours is good? It sounds to me like your comments are aimed more at a dislike for v6's than is is for my car as a whole..........

ORIGINAL: JasonwantsaGT

Can you post a pic of the front without the foglights on.. The pictures you have you have the lights on.
I'll try to get that for you tomorrow. I'll PM you the link when I get it.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Gunrnr
1st Gear Member

I too will say your car looks very clean in appearance. My opinion also is that the yellow stands out...alone. I also miss the rear emblem. The rear end looks a little flat now. I would recommend getting chrome tail light bezels that would play off those shiny rims. Just another unsoclitited opinion. Either way your ride looks good. Enjoy.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I like your car alot. The rear blackout panel looks 100x sweeter without the emblem Also is your car lowered? It got a mean stance.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

i'm sorry, but that's not appealing to me at all; cobra center caps and a raked stance on a V6, yellow fogs, unpainted CDC chin..
Ok i'll bite, what wrong with a raked stance on a v6? And my 3dcarbon chin spoiler is painted black. Also, i'm lost on your comment about my chin spoiler, how is it that my black spoiler is bad and yours is good? It sounds to me like your comments are aimed more at a dislike for v6's than is is for my car as a whole..........
GT500 fron spoiler is the only difference it is suppose to be black...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

It's weird that you went with the clear blinkers, but then Yellowed the Spots
Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 PM
CityDave
1st Gear Member

I dont see anything wrong with the yellow overlays [sm=goodidea.gif]
But maybe thats because I already have them [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/37299/58196DE033AD48EE8CF24EBF6401993C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Well, Yes, but you do have a somewhat Yellow theme running there Dave LOL.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

GT500 fron spoiler is the only difference it is suppose to be black...
Sorry, I didn't know the GT500 was the only spoiler that was allowed to be black, even though other black chin spoilers were out before the GT500 was manufactured. Its no big deal though, its all a matter of personal opinion, and everybody has one of their own. I do like the chin spoiler in black and i'm more inclined to side with the huge majority of people who've given me props on my car since I put the chin spoiler on, rather than I am the two people who didn't like it. No hard feelings here, its all good.

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

It's weird that you went with the clear blinkers, but then Yellowed the Spots
Yeah maybe, but I kinda like the contrast. It definitely looks better at night, because I left the white bulbs in my corners lenses, so they almost look like a set of mini-headlights by themselves when i'm running them at night. Maybe i'll just search around and see if I can find some yellow tinted bulbs to use instead of the overlays, then I can keep the clear lense look all the way around, at least during the day when i'm not using them.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

ORIGINAL: howarmat

GT500 front spoiler is the only difference it is suppose to be black...
Sorry, I didn't know the GT500 was the only spoiler that was allowed to be black, even though other black chin spoilers were out before the GT500 was manufactured. Its no big deal though, its all a matter of personal opinion, and everybody has one of their own. I do like the chin spoiler in black and i'm more inclined to side with the huge majority of people who've given me props on my car since I put the chin spoiler on, rather than I am the two people who didn't like it. No hard feelings here, its all good.

I didnt say anything was wrong with yours being unpainted i was simply stating the difference....

Quick Reply: New pics - SS rear emblem delete blackout and yellow foglight overlays