Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
focused03

Default Help Exhaust!!!

Ok just got my 07 black on black GT…. My first v8 and first manual …… needless to say I am having a lot of fun with it…. Here’s the question I have the chance to get these axel backs at decent price which one should I choose…. Mac, JBA or SLP loud mouth…. I want a loud DEEP tone but not that ricer sound…. So opinions would be great…..Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help Exhaust!!!

There are so many options out there, some with distinctive differences and others with barely none. A lot of people are happy with SLP, a lot of people are happy with Corsa, Borla, etc. What you need to do is find some locals (usually at the track) that have different setups and try to find a sound that you like. I've had an O/R H with SLP Loudmouths, I've had an O/R H, Magnaflow Resonators, and LMs... I've had just Loudmouths... and Friday I'm getting Original 40 series flowmasters put on.

To be honest, the O/R H + LMs sounded good at idle and cruising. Though I didn't like the sound during every day driving. The addition of the resonators made it a little quieter and deeper, but still not the sound I wanted. So I put the cats back on (I'm convinced that in order for this car to sound clean, it needs cats.) Nevertheless it obviously wasn't the right tone for me then either. What I want is Deep, constant... Sorry to say... Drone.

What one person likes, isn't going to be what someone else likes.. Hence why we are all different and unique.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:06 PM
focused03

hey thanks for the advice i think i am going to take a ride down to the evolutoin performance shop ( 2 min from my house) and see if i can hear a couple setups... just rather have that deep sound then just all out loud... afraid the SLP's wont give me the deep sound im looking for
Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ I like my flo's + o/r x...but yeah keep your ears open, and remember the a/b hp gain is the same across the board (zero) so it comes down to your wallet and the sound you like...and remember nothing's written in stone, it's all clamp-in and bolt-on and can be swapped at will...very few people on this forum stuck with their first setup...
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally I wanted to get the Original 40 series flowmasters. Though they come in just raw muffler format. It's not a kit. You need hangers, tips, and the small tubing that goes from the muffler to the over axle. This means custom fabrication but it's pretty common for exhaust shops so it shouldn't be that complicated. I didn't want to go through all that in the beginning though. So I just went with the O/R Pipe and SLP loudmouths. Like I said, I loved some aspects of it, and other parts I didn't.

I bought my 40 series a couple months back, but haven't found a decent shop to do it at a desireable price. So today I finally buckled down and set up an appointment at a local shop. Hopefully they will do some excellent work.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
focused03

hey menace best of luck to you with your new setup.... i am pretty sure i wouldnt like the slp's with a o/r pipe from what i hear it sounds like....but with my stock h .. i wasnt sure if it would help keep it alittle deeper..
Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

A lot of people think the Loudmouths make the car too loud, but I personally don't find it to be too loud. If my options were SLP, Borla, or Corsa. I'd definately go with SLP.

1) They look nice.
2) They fit perfectly.
3) They sound the best out of the three.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Bassani SS Race if you want DEEP. Keep your H-pipe and she will sound mean as hell
Old 07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I don't see that many stangs with a magnaflow exhaust for some reason. Anyways, check out the sound and let me know what you think.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wv8zFM5v4iw
that's mine btw
Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

Olvanish......that sounds awesome! I like it.

Quick Reply: Help Exhaust!!!