Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

Default Oil Leaks

Has anyone with there mustang 2005 and up had a oil leak issue.I would like to know!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Oil Leaks

No, not once. Why?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:25 PM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

I am taking a pole on this oil leaking to see if anyone has had a problem.It has been a problem on mine from day one I only have 3800 miles on the car, taking it to another dealership tommorow since the first one I took it to last year could not fix it right the first time.Ihave a friend at this dealership who is going to make sure the job is done right.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

wow....3800 miles on an 05?? That's impressive! Is it leaking from lack of use? I don't know if that's possible on the gaskets in these newer vehicles, but it's a thought.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Well, I'm thinkin' with only 3800 mi, she sits quite a bit. You didn't mention if you've notice "spots" in your garage, or drive way. If you have,can youtrace those marks up to where the problem is ocurring ?
If not, does the engine lose oil, only when running ?
Does the OPgageindicate that? Does it have a lack of power?Do you have a 6 or 8?
You took it to thedealer last year ? (But they couldn't fix it right the 1st time)
Now, you have decided, after at least 8 months, it's time to look at it again?How many quarts have you gone through ? (with this problem from day one)
U C, given the benefit of doubt, if you bought your '05, in August of '05, had an oil leak problem from day one, took it to the dealer, last year, (anytime in '06). and....They couldn't fix it right the 1st time.
Now it's mid July of '07, after nearly 2 years or more, you are concerned enough, to take it back in for a 2nd look ?
I just look at your mods and upgrades, very impressive, and a nice looking MUSTANG.
Why on Earth are you dealing with an oil leak problem, and only having it checked once, in 2 years ?
Maybe we need to take a "poll" on intelligence here.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Well, I'm thinkin' with only 3800 mi, she sits quite a bit. You didn't mention if you've notice "spots" in your garage, or drive way. If you have,can youtrace those marks up to where the problem is ocurring ?
If not, does the engine lose oil, only when running ?
Does the OPgageindicate that? Does it have a lack of power?Do you have a 6 or 8?
You took it to thedealer last year ? (But they couldn't fix it right the 1st time)
Now, you have decided, after at least 8 months, it's time to look at it again?How many quarts have you gone through ? (with this problem from day one)
U C, given the benefit of doubt, if you bought your '05, in August of '05, had an oil leak problem from day one, took it to the dealer, last year, (anytime in '06). and....They couldn't fix it right the 1st time.
Now it's mid July of '07, after nearly 2 years or more, you are concerned enough, to take it back in for a 2nd look ?
I just looked at your mods and upgrades, very impressive, and a nice looking MUSTANG.
Why on Earth are you dealing with an oil leak problem, and only having it checked once, in 2 years, or more?
Maybe we need to take a "poll" on intelligence here.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

This post puzzles the he** outta me. A minimum of a 2 year oil leak, from "day one", and has only been atthe dealer once,....... in 2 years......... until tomorow ?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

Ok I don't have to drive to work Iwalk to my job and I took it last year to get it fixedin 8/1/06 when I went to the car show sat I noticed a spot on the garage floor.It is leaking drips from the inspection plate.This is my car I only drive once in a while not much as you can tell.I have a beaterI drive whenI go long distances and to my part time job.I took it to the dealer today but the mech was on vacation after the friend of mine told me to bring it in but he made up for it he told me when I bring it next week he will fill the gas tank up on him I thought that wasreally nice of him to do that.Oh and yes it has been leaking from day one but it is a very small leak and I don't look under the car every day I only noticed it when I moved it out the garage.Ps This is mostly a show car.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:58 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

so it's the transmission that's leaking?

ORIGINAL: red stangguy

Ok I don't have to drive to work Iwalk to my job and I took it last year to get it fixedin 8/1/06 when I went to the car show sat I noticed a spot on the garage floor.It is leaking drips from the inspection plate.This is my car I only drive once in a while not much as you can tell.I have a beaterI drive whenI go long distances and to my part time job.I took it to the dealer today but the mech was on vacation after the friend of mine told me to bring it in but he made up for it he told me when I bring it next week he will fill the gas tank up on him I thought that wasreally nice of him to do that.Oh and yes it has been leaking from day one but it is a very small leak and I don't look under the car every day I only noticed it when I moved it out the garage.Ps This is mostly a show car.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Ihave an 05 with 20thousand miles on it and noticed a leak once. Between the trans and motor. Found it was motor oil that had blown by the rear main. Iam using Royal Purple oil 5-20.After running it hard one night I noticed a very small spot on the garage floor the next daywhere oil had blown by the rear main and dripped down. The car was due for a oil change and synthetic oil gets very thin when used. Changed the oil and ran the **** out of several times with no leak. I am sure it was weak thin oilleaking by the rear main.I did run it very hard also!

Quick Reply: Oil Leaks