Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change at Dealership Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Oil Change at Dealership Today

I didn't say "letter", I said contact. MEET with him in person. Although, a letter would be a good idea because than you have a paper trail of all communication. This helps when something goes wrong.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Do speak to the service manager.
A few years ago I took my Conversion Van in for some service. When I got it back, I noticed the drivers side skirt was loose. I took a closer look and noticed it had been broken off from the bolt holding it on. I took it back to the service manager and she took pictures of it. We think what happened was when they rotated the tires, it must have bumped the body skirt. Anyway, the dealership fixed it for free. They had to paint that part where the bolt was attached. They gave me a rental car free of charge too.

Sometimes it pays to point out their mechanics mistakes.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

Call the dealer, ask to speak to the "General Manager" He is the guy that runs the place. He will listen and take care of the problem.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

hahah they are not just a holes. they are dumb as **** too. i went in because my power windows didnt work. well im out of warrenty so i told them to diagnose the problem and if its NOT COVERED BY WARRENTY dont fix it. well the lady who took my keys didnt tell her mechanic that so they went a head and fixed it. so after they call my name they give me a bill for nearly 200 bucks. i was in there for 30 min arguing that i told them not to fix it if i had to pay for it.( i had no money what so ever with me) so they finally realized that it was there mistake to fix it and they just slammed my keys on the table and i drove off happy. a free window fix! haha
Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry it happened to ya

thanks for the reminder as to why going to
the stealerships, should ALWAYS be a last
resort

Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I hate dealers!! They don't give FU-K!!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

1+ to the written complaint. I'm a store manager at one of the major car parts companies and trust me, things that don't go to the people UP there remain ignored. If you don't write a written complaint, I guarantee you that employee might not even get a speech. Being a store manager I get to deal with a lot of idiots so whenever I got somewhere for car service or whatever I try to be as polite as I can, but somebody treating your car like that for no reason proably because your oil change is free and they don't want you to come back is bull#$!% and even on my opinion deserves a more serious action than just a little bit of talk to the service manager.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
The Deej

Definitely do something, there's no excuse for that kind of crap to be happening. I'm a service writer at a Firestone center and I would never treat a customer's vehicle like that. I don't even touch any of their settings or move their seat becuase I hate when I find my preferred position and my dad or someone drives my car and messes it all up. If I saw one of my co-workers treat a car like that I'd make a scene. Who cares if the oil change is free, the car sure as hell wasn't.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

Hmmm...I might be inclined to take a different approach. You say they have a Shelby on the showroom floor?

Toss keys onto its windshield from six feet away and see if the salesman freaks....
Old 07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Whatever contact you make, tell em they are lucky they are not replacing the windshield. The windshield glass on these is extremely soft, and of poor quality. Surprised it didn't chip it.......

What a bunch of asshats........

Mike

Quick Reply: Oil Change at Dealership Today