Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change at Dealership Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 PM
pbg711
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Oil Change at Dealership Today

I plan to take mine in when I get 3000 miles just because my right front brake squeaks when I first apply it. It's 40 miles to the dealer and I would change the oil myself but the squeak is driving me nuts. It started at 300 miles and it's still there at 1600. I drive a stick and don't ride the brakes so they shouldn't be glazed so I'll take my free oil change and a brake fix.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

I hate taken mine to thedealer I try to do everthing myself They just don't give a rats *** about anybody car.If he had thrown keys on mine he probably would'nt be working there much longer I would have contacted the owner of the dealership.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
SunbearGT

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I am probably one ofthe nicest people around, and far from an ***. I don't expect to get treated like gold and of course I wasn't the only car there. I just thought I would share my experience with my dealership today. As far as me letting it happen, WTF? I gave the service guy my keys and when he walked away from me, I went to the waiting room. About five steps toward the waiting room, I heard the noise and turned around to see the guy about four feet from my car with his right arm outstretched and saw my keys slide down my windshield and stop at the driver's side windshield wiper. I don't know what I did to let that happen? I have been there once before for an oil change and had a great experience. I appreciate the intelligent replies, and from now on, I will change my own oil. I got a lotof better things to do with my time than write ficticious stories on this forum.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 AM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SunbearGT

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I am probably one ofthe nicest people around, and far from an ***. I don't expect to get treated like gold and of course I wasn't the only car there. I just thought I would share my experience with my dealership today. As far as me letting it happen, WTF? I gave the service guy my keys and when he walked away from me, I went to the waiting room. About five steps toward the waiting room, I heard the noise and turned around to see the guy about four feet from my car with his right arm outstretched and saw my keys slide down my windshield and stop at the driver's side windshield wiper. I don't know what I did to let that happen? I have been there once before for an oil change and had a great experience. I appreciate the intelligent replies, and from now on, I will change my own oil. I got a lotof better things to do with my time than write ficticious stories on this forum.
I hope you return to tell us more and to "stay tuned." (pun) don't let the moronic insults from a few sway your outlook on the forum as a whole.

I especially appreciate learning from or at least having my opinion of service influenced by the school of hard knocks, when it is someone else other than me that gets knocked. (that didn't sound nice did it?) but its the truth.

And sometimes when a thread gets long and replies are numerous, the original post has somehow got lost, and some of the replyposts become monsters.

hehe I especially liked the Lexus service guy, who says "people expect something for free"

well HELL yeh, it was provided in writing as a "free" service (paid for in the purchase)

tell your friends of the local dealership disservice. Word of mouth works.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM
webelevy
1st Gear Member

Sunbear,
Don't let one instance of stupidity force you away from using the dealership services. Remember that they don't put the best or the brightest on car shuttle detail. Definitely contact the Service Manager or the GM about the actions on the 'individual'. It is in their best interest to correct the 'individual's' actions before it costs them some real money down the road. You have free oil changes for life. Use them. But follow the basic advice given here. If you think they are not giving you full service, check the color of your oil and mark the filter. Check the exterior with the service checker before they take the car. Tell them not to screw with your seat. Give them the opportunity to correct the 'individual's' performance.

Good luck,
Merv
Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 AM
stangthang824
1st Gear Member

I would be so mad if I were you in that situation. Sh*t, I'd send one letter to the GM of the shop and then a copy of it to the corporate office or District Manager. Let them ALL see it!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

you didn't say anything to him about that? wow. i'd have a word with his superior after i called him out for being a *****.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: CFLstangGT

I find this a bit funny all the posts.

I'm a service consultant for a Lexus dealer, I deal with completely different style clients then most of your Ford stores, but some complaints are all the same.

If they threw the keys on your hood like that I would have ripped them a new *** there, you should have and have every right to. I take my GT into the dealership every time for service and have never had a problem, take care of your writer and they will in turn for you, if your an ***, then you'll get treated as one. There are times where a guest has a good reason for complaint, but it should be addressed as a civil human, not as an *** hat.

Now I know that life is different working for a domestic store rather then Lexus, but trust me its always the same, except our customers will pay BIG $$$ for service.

I just could not imagine dealing with some of you, nothing personal, but sounds like a typical domestic customer, wants everything for free and wants your car to be treated as if it were the only one there.

YOU should always walk around your car with the writer and mark all flaws with him, YOU SHOULD get your car back as it were left. period.

just my 0.02
It's supposed to be absolutely automatic that a service writer does a walk-around on a customer's car, or else any damage the car came in with could be blamed on the shop by an opportunistic customer, or one that just didn't notice the damage until they got it back...as aforementioned I've worked at three dealerships...and yes I know service advisors are very busy and stressed out etc etc etc but still they need to do their walkarounds...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

That kid would have been dead if it was my car