Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ford better step up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:42 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ford better step up...

Ford certainly has had their fair share problems but in my opinion the 05 – 08 Mustang is not one of them. It has the best quality rating in its mid size sports car category and is one fine machine. They sell practically faster than Ford can make them and have great resale value if they haven’t been modified or beat to death. A few owners drive them very hard and that incredible little old 281 just keeps on tickin. The last Ford I owned was a 390ci 63 Galaxy and it was pretty darn good too. I’ve owned four Jap sports cars in the last 30 years and the Mustang quality beats all of them.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:47 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, these problems aren't that bad, really. Personally, I've never experienced any of them. Heck, I even have the Shaker 1000 and it's been flawless. I've had zero problems going on two years.

None of these issues would keep you from driving the car and getting where you're going. That's my definition of reliable. The power train seems to be pretty rock solid on these vehicles.

As a matter of fact, I was reading a recent list of the most reliable used vehicles put out by Consumer Reports. According to them the V8 version of the Mustang has historically been a reliable vehicle. That pretty much matches with what I've heard.

You could always own a Toyota. They had to be sued to cover the oil sludge issue that was wrecking engines. That's a lot wrose than a noise or two!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:54 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

wellI must be a lucky one. My car sees track duty nearly every weekend and it is not uncommon for it to run tulsa drags on friday, noble on sat and Ark City on Sunday, drive it home. so far absolutely no problems and have put many mods on it and have gone way beyond the stock power output. no complaints here. If she blows tomorrow I feel It would be my own doing not fords. and if its not covered under warranty so be it. everyone mods these cars and whines worse than my 3 yr old if something goes wrong and wonders why it is not covered under warranty. for the company to warranty all the problems they encounter for the mods installed and abuse that these cars receive and still have a profit margin then you probably couldnt afford to buy one. just my 2 cents
Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

let me apologize to all in this thread. My day started out "great"... and my students really help that out a lot... my only saving grace throughout the day is my safe haven here in the mustang forums... all i read about it problems and they do have a lot, however the mustang is in fact the nicest car i have ever owned and THE most gorgeous car on the market. my opinions on Ford stick, but i didnt mean to attack anyone... please accept this apology for my words earlier...
Old 07-20-2007, 04:03 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Wow some folks pounded this guy pretty hard. He has a calvin and hobbs avitar for God sake, how much harm could he have meant. He may never even post again with the way some of you jumped on him. I will make sure I watch what I say.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

blah blah blah everybody hug a tree, kiss a turtle, and sing Kumbah ****ing ya

Buy some ****ing goldfish or something to lower your stress level. This isn't a support group.

Some of the threads generated on here lately are absolutely ridiculous.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
01Steed
I ♥ Acer

What options do we have? Failures happen. And not just with Ford.

You also can't believe everything people say when reporting issues. Some people have a tendency to only tell half of the truth.

Take your Mustang for a nice easy drive through the country, and revitalize your love for the car. Forget about the beauracracy and red tape that get in the way of customer satisfaction.

You're right about one thing....the S197 is the most gorgeous car on the road!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

/\ Wow that is cute. Did you learn to act like that from someone or did you teach yourself?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:19 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I learned it at a Raider game
Old 07-20-2007, 04:22 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

GO RAIDERS!!!

Quick Reply: ford better step up...