Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c&l

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: c&l

what exactly am i supposed to wrap those zip ties around anyway
Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Well I just installed my C&L intake a few hrs ago. It didn't go as smoothly as I thought it would. I had alot of trouble figuring out where the maf bracket bolted on to. But I did finally figure it out. Then I had trouble fitting the heat shield in place. It kept hitting the metal thing (I think it is a brake line) on the front bottom left corner and wouldn't go in straight, so it's kinda angled down at the front left edge. I have an 07 so maybe the fender shape changed a little from the 05's and C&L didn't change the way they made their heat shield or something like that. I am going to post pics and make a how to thread for the install tomorrow. So hopefully no one else will have as much trouble as I did.
Oshkosh the zip ties wrap around the two holes in the front left side of the heat shield and around one of the black metal brake lines. It helps make it flush in the front to the radiator cover.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

you must have the new C&L (HAI)hot air induction version........put the heat shield back on!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

yeah i figured it went through the 2 holes but wrapping the zip tie around brake lines doesn't seem right for some reason... which of the black metal brake lines if i remember correctly there are quite a few lines near the heat shield
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i feel like wherever i position the heat shield.. there is a space in the heatshield where the cone fits through that is open no matter what... this is hard to explain and im sure im doing a bad job explaining it but if i push the heat shield to the left where it completely seals around the rubber part of the cone filter.. it then wont reach where it needs to be bolted in.. so i have to move the heat shield to the right so i can bolt it in, but thtere is an open ring around the rubber part of the filter where air can go in... i know im an idiot but i would tihnk it would seal all the way.. it just looks sloppy to me
Old 07-20-2007, 09:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I dont have mine bolted in and I do not have an problems that you are talking about....i think you are just being to picky with it and it is operating just as it was suppose too.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

u do realize that the Heat shield really helps with the COLD air induction part right? just put it on as its designed.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:31 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

yeah i think i am being too picky all the pictures ive seen it looks like there is a little space between the filter and the other side of the heat shield too... i just thought it shud totally block off all air near the engine guess not
Old 07-21-2007, 10:07 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Just install the bracket that bolts to the MAF, no more movement
Old 07-21-2007, 11:29 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

Hate to sound like an ***, but how is someone who can't tell the difference between brake lines and wires running over 900 rwhp?
he doesnt really have 922rwhp

you should have known that. this guy is clueless when it comes to these cars.

Quick Reply: c&l