Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you park???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

Default RE: Where do you park???????????????

Fletch
Old 07-21-2007, 07:26 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

If I ever have to park between 2 cars, I write down both plate numbers before I leave my car alone....haha.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

I park mine as far from the main entrance of the store as I can even if it's a quarter mile walk. What pisses me off is what happens at my work. I work at an auto parts store that has a parking lot with about 80 spaces, usualy there's an average of 10 cars in the parking lot. For some reason even though I park all the way in the back and to the right and left of my car there's 10 empty parking spaces on each side some idiot will still park NEXT to mine. And it seems like no matter where in the back I park somebody will still do it... it pisses me off more than anything. One time I saw a guy park next to it and as he got out of the car I asked him " Do you know what the best parking space in this lot is?" He said no so I told him "It's always right next to my car, nowhere else is good enough." He asked me which one is my car and I nodded at it so he moved LOL. But it's like an idiot magnet. I had so many dents and scratches on my previous car that I bought brand new and I didn't even know where at least 1 of them came from. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
If I were you, I would put a nice car cover on it to help protect it from idiots who love to park next to your car. Not only will it help keep it from getting dinged, but also save it from any birds flying over dropping bombs.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

If I ever have to park between 2 cars, I write down both plate numbers before I leave my car alone....haha.
That's a great idea!
I usually park in an area not so crowded, not necessarily the last row, but one next to an island further back. I find it is useful to be mindful of the direction of wind. You don't want to park your car down wind on a windy day.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I normally park as far away as possible. If I can't I just cross my fingers and hope that I'm not parking next to stupid people who don't pay attention when they open their doors.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:40 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

Fletch
hahahahha...sorry had to do it!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:48 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I don't take the stang to the mall. Last time I didthe Faux gas cap got stolen. I just try to get an end spot so I can hug the curb.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:48 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Despite parking on the 6th floor of the garage at work.. and parking in a particular spot where other like-minded people park... Some fool managed to hit me the other day. I don't know how it was possible.... but someone managed to hit me despite there being about 5 feet between the spots. It looks like they tapped the outside of the drivers side back bumper.. and instead of stopping, they decided to just push on through. The only good side is that these bumpers appear to be a dark grey/black color...so after some polishing.. it almost looks like water streaks. ....
What I learned the other day is... despite making an effort to leave early every day... and park in the most ideal spot... some retard that should not be driving will make a bee-line to your car... it's just unavoidable.
If your car is your daily driver.. you will get mysterious dings in your bumper... and an occasional door ding. And unless you hire a bodyguard for your car.. you will most likely never catch the moron that hit you.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:56 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

i park as far as possible..usually under a tree too!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:58 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Rdot9

i usually try and park away from civilization if possible[8D]but if i must park near other cars i always try and get near an island or curb or something next to me so that only one other person can park beside me, an if i know it wont be a problem i try and take up three spaces so nobody parks near me
Taking up three spaces stands out and is an invite for some
redneck who thinks he is the parking police to put a big
ol 8 foot long key SCRAAAAATCH. Seen it happen
many a time. Take that, he said. Didnt see me waiting in
my car for the Gfriend to finish shopping. Got that ol
boys plate # and left a nice ol note on the scratched
car and what happened and how to get a hold of me
to confirm what I saw. The Beemer owner never contacted
me.

Quick Reply: Where do you park???????????????