Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me your flaws!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tell me your flaws!!!

I actually talked to a friend of my that does cabinet finishing and painting and he brought over his 71 vet he restored and painted himself.....excellent job! I showed him the dent in the a pillar and he looked at me and gave me a slap on the back of the head as i was nose deep in the paint showing him where the dent was! He kinda woke me up on how picky i am being with this car but still....that freakin dent.....why!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
06steeda
2nd Gear Member

I can relate to everyone here. You work your tail off to keep it clean, but sometimes it feels like a losing battle. I just tell people I have a 30 ft. paint job, (from 30 ft. it looks great!)
Old 07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ yeah, it's hffa (hot from far away) lol...
Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 PM
wicked95gt

The only thingthat bugs meare the chips/scratches that somehow appeared on my passener quarter panel in the are where the fake scoop body line is. The dealer said that they would have to repaint ALOT of the car just to fix that spot cause my Legend Lime paint would have to be blended into the surrounding panels. Sucks, maybe I should get some GT/CS side scoops to cover them up.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I have a pea-sized dent in my hood up close to the cowl. I don't know for sure, but I could have done it myself trying to chip ice off my car last february. Noone but me probably can notice it, but to me it looks like the frickin Grand Canyon.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:31 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Rock chip on the A pillar and I scrapped the bottom of my Roush fascia getting into my garage. Darn angleis too crazy. Got to figure something out because my baby is not sleeping outside.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:35 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Clear coat scratch across the hood.. Got that 2 days after I bought it when I let the hose from the spray wash touch my car (piece of metal sticking out). [:@] [:@] [:@]

Chip in driver's door (retouched) right by handle.. I opened it into gas pump [:@] ..

Some minor road damage to hood..

Scratches on back bumper from someone who rubbed my car while parking. [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Tiny (pin head) little bubble in paint in middle of driver's door (from factory).

Scratch down to metal just under spoiler on driver's side (from factory).

Swirlmark-like scratches on front of hood from the tard at the dealer who thought it would be a good idea to wipe fingerprints off a black car with a dry brown paper towel... [:@] [:@]

More to come.. car only has 6000 miles..

Old 07-21-2007, 08:51 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

So far, just a scratch in my racing strip tape on the top of the rear bumper at the base of the trunk lid. I probably did it myself loading something into the trunk at Lowes, but I don't know for sure...
Old 07-21-2007, 09:21 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I have a little dust? flecks under my paint here and there from the factory, also if you run your fingers under the front lip of the hood it is rough and not finished nice.....many little rub marks here and there from day 1, I could go on![:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

while dents and such can hurt, the worst is finding problems that came from the factory and their poor assembly of your car!
I found the front bumper where it meets with the passenger side fender to be off by a noticeable amount. Plus, when I raised my hood in my carport, looking at the reflection of light on it, I saw another flaw.
I guess this will work well for the collector. In 30 years the people who restore the S197 won't have to worry about making sure that door and fender alignments are even, since they didn't come from the factory that way!

Anyone notice overspray in their rear wellwells?

Quick Reply: Tell me your flaws!!!