Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:39 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default Warranty question

Hi there,
I have a question about the warranty on an 06 mustang GT. I was gonna get a saleen suspension kit for it and I started inquiring about the installation and it turned out to be too much (500 bux) so I decided to do it myself but first I decided to call the ford dealer and find out about what the fact that it was not installed at the dealership would do to the warranty. I got disappointed when they told me that putting saleen suspension on a regular GT would void the warranty on any part that's related to it. In other words they could relate tranny failure (it's an automatic) to the stiffness of saleen shocks and springs. They've done it to my Honda because I had eibach springs on it and according to law they have to prove it but it doesn't really help when they tell you "either you pay and get the keys to your car or we gonna keep it till you decide what you wanna do". And if you're driving a 30 dollar a day rental you're obviously gonna go with the first one. He also said that getting ford racing parts would not void the warranty on anything that's related to them but in my case I'm looking at 1200 dollar versus saleen's 700 which I cannot really afford. So what happens if lets say I do get saleen suspension, tranny fails and they try to relate the suspension problem to it? How would I have them actually PROVE IT to me instead of telling me what honda did? what else can modified suspension be related to? the whole car basically?
Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty question

Another thing. I was planning to go with a saleen SC but if that's how it is then it will kill my warranty too right? This is pretty retarded because before I was told a completely different thing by once again one of the guys at ford. He told me that if it's saleen's SC and it's installed by a ford dealer it's not gonna affect the warranty in any way because saleens have the same SC with the same engine and tranny. But then the guy I talked to today me that saleen has their own warranty on saleens and mustang GT is a completely different thing.How the heck am I suppose to modify my stang without this stupid warranty with tons of restrictions getting voided????
Old 07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Your tune and CAI already voided your warranty. Sure if something happens that is engine related you can take that off and replace it, but in the sense of your original post, anything you add will void it.

Getting the suspension should no way void your transmission warranty.

If there are problems there are plenty of other ford dealerships you can take it too, that and you can get a lawyer if they wont give you your keys OR prove it caused whatever broke to break

It all comes down to, if waranty is somthing that means a lot you you, DO NOT MOD!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I can get rid of that and put the stock tune back on with the intake in 45 minutes. Suspension or saleen SC will take me about 12 hours both. that's the major problem
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Oh by the way, I looked at the FRPP SC just now and it clearly states there "installation of this kit will void you new vehicle warranty". the whole idea of getting this car was to modify it up to 450hp or so and at the same time keep the warranty. they were the only ones that had this huge line of products you could modify it with that were suppose to be legit
Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 PM
The Deej

If they said the Ford racing kit wont void your warranty and you're worried then I'd just save longer to get it. Dealers hate warranty work so they will try to screw you in any way they can, just make sure you cover your rear in any route you choose.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:22 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

so how about if I wanna supercharge it? I didnt get this car to settle with 340hp produced by bolt ons but ford tries to tell me different with all this warranty bs. so far they don't have an SC that won't kill the warranty
Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

As far as I know, if you buy a roushcharger or a frpp on and have it installed by the dealer, it won't void the warranty. Maybe you should check with another dealer if your getting conflicting stories at your dealer.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: briboiblu07

As far as I know, if you buy a roushcharger or a frpp on and have it installed by the dealer, it won't void the warranty. Maybe you should check with another dealer if your getting conflicting stories at your dealer.
it says opposite on the website
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9646
Old 07-21-2007, 08:35 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

ORIGINAL: briboiblu07

it says opposite on the website
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9646
I think they are saying if you install it on your own or have it installed by someone other than them. When I worked for Nissan and a customer bought a supercharger for their 350Z, through usand had it installed by our mechanics, their warranty still stayed in tach....even though the supercharger wasn't a nissan part, we honored the warranty because we were warranting our techs work. So I would check with the parts department or the service department. It doesn't make since that they would void the warranty for an item ford makes and they install.

Quick Reply: Warranty question