Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty question

Just how do you not click a link right? They probably need to fix the link.

Did you go to the site and check it out?

But Ford wants to cash in on the aftermarket parts market just like others do. That's why the dealerships will sell and install a supercharger for you. Now the warranty covers how the car came from the manufacturer. Not what the dealerships do. Since each dealership is independently owned and operated I'm sure Ford Corporate doesn't want to cover warranty work because of something the dealership did. And they shouldn't have too. The dealership may perform the work without charging you but Ford shouldn't be held responsible
Old 07-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

The 6 psi nonintercooled whipple comes with a 12 month/12K mile warranty if installed by ford. The FRPP warranty takes over the drivetrain. If you search the 4.6L section you'll find a thread started by boostaddict from lethal performance on that very thing.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:23 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

The frpp handling, and pwr packs do not void the warrenty if installed by a ford service center. The drag pack does not apply.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:48 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: briboiblu07

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

You gotta pay if you want to play.
Why do you expect Ford to cover your mods? Why should they?

If he is going to buy an FRPP S/C thru Ford and have Ford install it..then yes, Ford should warranty it. It is a Ford part and Ford technicians did the work, so if it blowsup yourengine, it would be Ford's fault. Nissan had no problem keeping the warranty on a non-Nissan S/C that was bought through our parts department and installed by our technicians. I believe it says voids warranty on the site, for the DIY'ers out there. Why would they let you buy their S/C and warranty it after you installed it yourself or had an aftermarket shop install it.?
If you get a s/c installed by Ford or anyone else and you blow the engine up, the engine should NOT be covered by the original warranty...the warranty should only cover the engine for the 300 hp it was meant for...if you install the wipple and run is to 10 psi or whatever pushing 450+ HP and run the **** out of the car and the engine throws a rod.....why should Ford back that up. The stock internals were not meant to support that much HP really and you taking it to the track and maybe 100 passes doesnt help it. Why are people so quick to blame ford for not honoring their warranty? The same applies for the suspension, the warranty is for the stock suspension, if you replace the springs with 2" lowering springs but keep the stock shocks/stuts and blow one of them out....why the hell should ford replace that? You ****ed with the car and caused the problem by not properly supporting the new springs.
Because if Ford isn't going to back their parts or their dealerships work, then they shouldn't even sell the freaking parts! If a Roush and a Saleen S/C don't void the warrenty, then why the hell should a FRPP S/C void the warranty! Ford knows what horsepower these engines can safely handle. So common sense would say they make the FRPP kit within those specifications.It doesn't make since that a dealership would not warranty their work.It also could be different with different dealerships. The dealer I bought my car from honors the warranty with the Saleen, Roush, and their FRPP S/C if its installed by them. Maybe it depends on if the dealership is an authorized Roush or Saleen dealer.

On another note:

So, if I walk into a Ford Dealership and see a Mustang GT on the showroom floor. It looks stock, but you can tell its been lowered some, there is an FRPP exhaust, pop the hood and it has supercharger on it. You look at the sticker and see these are dealer added items. There is 27miles on the car.You buy said car and lets say a month later the engine blows. Your going to tell me the dealer is going to look at you and tell you, "Sorry sir, the supercharger voids the warranty on the car." Afteryou spent $36K (just for example) on the car..and everything on that car was installed by them.

How is that different from me walking in, buying a saleen, roush, or frpp s/c from themand having them install it on my car?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:24 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

If you are worried about warranty, dont mod. Plain and simple.

If you s/c your car, throw a rod, fork out the money and fix it. If you are THAT worried about it, spend the $2,300 to get a forged rotating assembly and you wont have to worry about anything in your engine breaking.

You got to pay to play
Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

On another note:

So, if I walk into a Ford Dealership and see a Mustang GT on the showroom floor. It looks stock, but you can tell its been lowered some, there is an FRPP exhaust, pop the hood and it has supercharger on it. You look at the sticker and see these are dealer added items. There is 27miles on the car.You buy said car and lets say a month later the engine blows. Your going to tell me the dealer is going to look at you and tell you, "Sorry sir, the supercharger voids the warranty on the car." Afteryou spent $36K (just for example) on the car..and everything on that car was installed by them.

How is that different from me walking in, buying a saleen, roush, or frpp s/c from themand having them install it on my car?

I'm not sure that is different. You're buying the vehicle with the supercharger already on it as a dealer installed accessory.

Now buying the vehicle and adding a supercharger later is different. Once you've bought the vehicle the part would no longer be considered a dealer installed accessory but would be considered an aftermarket accessory
Old 07-23-2007, 12:56 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

Just how do you not click a link right? They probably need to fix the link.

Did you go to the site and check it out?

Exactly, that's how you know that I was being sarcastic there brother. How do you think I got the link without going to the website? You think I had it in my memory?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

On another note:

I'm not sure that is different. You're buying the vehicle with the supercharger already on it as a dealer installed accessory.

Now buying the vehicle and adding a supercharger later is different. Once you've bought the vehicle the part would no longer be considered a dealer installed accessory but would be considered an aftermarket accessory
gotta agree with briboiblu07 there. If it's the same part made by ford, it's being intalled at the same Ford dealership, then how EXACTLY is it different from the one that's already on the car being sold with it on it if that part was once again installed by the same dealer, only thing is, that was after you bought the car. How can a ford part ON FORD be considered aftermarket? Probably a lot of people got BS'ed by the dealerships they've been to and they got that image of "FORD racing parts installed by FORD kill the FORD warranty" LOL. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this bs, possibly by even having the dealership that's gonna put a supercharger on my car sign the paperwork prior to installation stating that the part installed will not affect the warranty.