Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The results of "too much" on stock internals.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:53 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The results of "too much" on stock internals.

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ok...a couple observations....A) that guy needs to learn how to drive his car....it does not look like he knows how to even shift...B) turbo.....never disclosed what happened before it blew....what was he pushing on his stock internals...boost etc.was he racing...did he change the rev limiter in his tune and kaboom..what is his A/F etc........and as someone pointed out in their reply there...that too much boost and the wrong tune will cause this as well....not doubting or questioning the stated inferiority of some of the gt's stock internals...but also am smart enough to know that there are no guarantees in life.....and that this does not mean a blown car = blown engine....
You know he is a member here right?

If you would of read the thread that he put with the vid his dad failed to put 93 octane into the car and KABOOM detonation. Dont run your mouth without back ground information.

Oh and I would assume he knows how to drive and isnt a tool like you make him out to be since he did rebuild the motor himself.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:55 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

come to find out he didn't plug a sensor in. So he keept jacking with the tune and forgot to put the tune back to the way it should be
Yep, I remember that too. I believe he did plug "that sensor" in after all, and said it ran great after that, of course, until the 87 Octane thing, I think.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:58 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

come to find out he didn't plug a sensor in. So he keept jacking with the tune and forgot to put the tune back to the way it should be
Yep, I remember that too. I believe he did plug "that sensor" in after all, and said it ran great after that, of course, until the 87 Octane thing, I think.

Thats just it he never said anything about fixing the tune after he pluged the sensor in. Because i remember him saying he had to keep pulling fule out of the tune.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

+1 he's a member... and posted that vid about 1-2 months ago.....
Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Seen this happen on a roush pushing 9 lbs of boost.

I wouldnt go anything over 7 on stock internals on these cars. Seen boom waaaaaaay to much, not worth the risk.
9psi on a roush? i didn't even think you could raise the boost of the roushcharger,or atleast i could never find anyone making pulleys for it, which i why i went with a saleen.

It was either 8 or 9, im not positive. I used to work at coconut point ford and i remember seeing it being towed in. I talked to him for like 5 minutes about it. The next day when they lifted out the engine there was a nice size hole in the block, exactly like the one in the vid.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JasonwantsaGT

How much would it cost for new internals? I know this is a probably a stupid question, due to the level needed.
$2,300 through livernoise. (thats if you install/build it yourself)
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

haha, I knew that engine bay looked familar, I didn't know that was jdblack...

What numbers and PSI is he running now with a forged bottom end and etc.?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
JasonwantsaGT

So for a s/c which is 6500 plus 2300 for the internals....that plus install you can then start working on Suspension? After that you can crank the hell out of the boost?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JasonwantsaGT

So for a s/c which is 6500 plus 2300 for the internals....that plus install you can then start working on Suspension? After that you can crank the hell out of the boost?
Yep. You can get a vortech for right around $3,000. Im in the process of building a bottom end, planning on running a vortech around 18 psi along with a 100 shot of nitrous.

Going to need a larger fuel pump, beefyer clutch, a few other minor things but thats about it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ok...a couple observations....A) that guy needs to learn how to drive his car....it does not look like he knows how to even shift...B) turbo.....never disclosed what happened before it blew....what was he pushing on his stock internals...boost etc.was he racing...did he change the rev limiter in his tune and kaboom..what is his A/F etc........and as someone pointed out in their reply there...that too much boost and the wrong tune will cause this as well....not doubting or questioning the stated inferiority of some of the gt's stock internals...but also am smart enough to know that there are no guarantees in life.....and that this does not mean a blown car = blown engine....
You know he is a member here right?

If you would of read the thread that he put with the vid his dad failed to put 93 octane into the car and KABOOM detonation. Dont run your mouth without back ground information.

Oh and I would assume he knows how to drive and isnt a tool like you make him out to be since he did rebuild the motor himself.
ok...first off relax...second I was giving my opinion to the thread starter who posted this video implying that a turbo or sc car on stock internals = kaboom...no I did not know it was jd or any other forum member in the video...I was not intending on nor did I run my mouth about the person in the video ..I was defending that the video did not say what happened...no I did not read the comments at the site the link went to as I simply observed the video...as far as the driving comment...that was just my opinion from my observation of the video and again was not intended to offend anyone...so why don't you please relax and realize that in our country...we can make opinions and observations ...jd...it was not meant to offend in anyway....white....relax...

Quick Reply: The results of "too much" on stock internals.