Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what problems has your car been back to the dealer so far?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:58 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what problems has your car been back to the dealer so far?

nothing, nada, zilch. knock on wood, this puppy has been great to me the last 11 months.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Mine periodically has the fuel fill problem. I almost ran out of gas two weeks ago because of it.

Otherwise, it's been fine, even the Shaker 1000. The car only has 7,100 miles on it, though, since I bought it new in January 2006.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

Took it in for LOF and mentioned the TSB for the "buzz in the console" generated by some exhaut configuration, supposed to be cured by adding a circular clamp under there somewhere. When I picked it up the tech said it wasn't the TSB-clamp problem, that the exhaust system was mis-aligned, and he fixed it under warranty.

No other problems, just turned 18,000 miles. I got it when it had about 14,000 - as a Budget Rent-a-car.
Do you have the TSB or description for that buzz in console? I just picked up my car for the same thing, been in 3 times and they finally said they adjusted a mis-aligned exhaust, while it is better it still makes the buzz as I am slowing down right before I stop.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 PM
CharlieW
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

1 year and never been to the dealer.
+1 Only to the Quicklane for oil changes to keep the warranty.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

Wow, almost everyone on this forum has been to the dealer for a problem. Question then, when your car sits in the dealership for days on end, what do you do for transportation? As far as I'm aware, under the regular 3/36000 warranty, you don't get a rental for free. So how do you guys get to work if you need to go? Do you spring for a rental car?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:47 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sliek0722

Wow, almost everyone on this forum has been to the dealer for a problem. Question then, when your car sits in the dealership for days on end, what do you do for transportation? As far as I'm aware, under the regular 3/36000 warranty, you don't get a rental for free. So how do you guys get to work if you need to go? Do you spring for a rental car?
65 posts is NOT everyone on the forum. I have never been to the dealer. And probably 10-15 of the 65 were people stating the same, that they had never been to the dealer. Usually the ford dealer will drop you off at work and come pick you back up at the end of the day if your car is ready. At least all the dealers I have dealt with in the past will do this.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

They didn't do that for me - I had my car in because the rear brake locked up, they kept it for 3 days and I had to get friends to give me rides to work.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

that sucks man, i think the courtesy transportation is for same day you drop your car off at the dealership and they take you where you need to go. Then when you car is ready they come pick you back up, I've dealt with 5 different dealers for various Ford vehicles and they all did that. As for getting a rental I am going to get the 5yr 100k mile premium care extended warranty so I don't have to worry about jack for the next 5 years, and I get a rental when the car is in teh shop.

not trying to sell anyone an extended warranty but for a thousand bucks that seems like a steal. two or three days in the shop for anything over 100k is going to approach a grand.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 PM
mcgyvertech
1st Gear Member

Let's see, there's the DTE FLI Data Error that's still intermittently there... NO FIX, the logo on the horn button air bag began to crack and look crappy, and it's doing it again. Apparently they're $900 a pop, i will have it replaced again. I've had the lower driver seat plastic trim piece come loose, but that's fixed. Finally, the little cheap plastic upper seat levers break and shoot around the cabin at high speed (you'll put an eye out, kid). I've had at least four of them replaced under warranty; the plastic is cheap and brittle. Otherwise, the best car I've ever owned. My Jeeps have not given me near this many problems, and I've got three of them. One has over 333,000 miles and has been across the Rubicon... Three times! I understand some things fail under hard usage, but the Mustang has some things that wear out without any wear.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 AM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackSpirit

window felt replacementafter scratching tint

They will Fix that?

Quick Reply: what problems has your car been back to the dealer so far?