Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Pack & Fuel Rail Q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Default Coil Pack & Fuel Rail Q's

1. So has anyone used these coilpacks from summit racing? Lately ive experienced missfires on my car so i want to upgrade but not spend too much money and i was lookin at these.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

2. whats a good fuel rail upgrade?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Coil Pack & Fuel Rail Q's

Last I heard coil pack upgrades werent encouraged. Sorta like the TB situation... the majority of people had problems with them but a few showed an improvement (when they could get to work that is). That could have changed recently though.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:41 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

anyone else?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

The ones that were junk and caused problems were the GMS (Granatelli) coil kits. This one is a little different in it's set-up and doesn't utilize the coilovers that GMS does. I have ordered it as well and putting on my car next week. I currently have the KB spark-a-boost and I'm taking it off and replacing it with these. I obviously don't have any feedback yet, but I'm pretty confident they are going to do the job with no issues.

As far as fuel rails, the CPR seem to be the rails of chice for S197's. Just remeber that aftermarket rails don't work on TS s/c's. As lond as you don't have a KB in your future, they are a good bet. If you are going to do the rails, then also swap to -8 lines and a bigger fuel filter to get the most advantage out of them.

http://www.cprracing.com/prod01.htm
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

have msd packs&brisk plugs on 05 mustang gt.you can feel the difference right from the start.had car dynoed monday,but weather here in phoenix sucks now.temp was 94,humd. 46%. at 9:30 am.wiped out anything.am going to redo once the stormie season goes.you can sure feel the difference from when you put them in.gapped plugs at .40 and brisk said to try .36.will try that to see if it makes any difference.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

do you have HTO spark plugs? I was misfiring until i put these in
Old 07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

I am running HT0 plugs set to .32 gap on my procharger setup. I think im going to order the summit coils
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i have the autolite HTO's and i think those are set at .40

If you can gap them i would do .35
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

ill check the gap again tomorow
Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Hey Ford fan boy, did you have problems with the boost-a-spark? The info I have seen on them has been very positive. I am going to forge my bottom end soon and crank up the boost, and was planning on adding the boost-a-spark. But if there are problems with it, I will go another route. Thanks.
ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

The ones that were junk and caused problems were the GMS (Granatelli) coil kits. This one is a little different in it's set-up and doesn't utilize the coilovers that GMS does. I have ordered it as well and putting on my car next week. I currently have the KB spark-a-boost and I'm taking it off and replacing it with these. I obviously don't have any feedback yet, but I'm pretty confident they are going to do the job with no issues.

As far as fuel rails, the CPR seem to be the rails of chice for S197's. Just remeber that aftermarket rails don't work on TS s/c's. As lond as you don't have a KB in your future, they are a good bet. If you are going to do the rails, then also swap to -8 lines and a bigger fuel filter to get the most advantage out of them.

http://www.cprracing.com/prod01.htm

Quick Reply: Coil Pack & Fuel Rail Q's