Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at 3250 rpms......

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Vibration at 3250 rpms......

Man you been fighting that everysince I've been on this forum (couple months). Sure hate to hear that you weren't able to resolve it. I'd certainly like to know what the dealership has to say about it. However, since you've been looking at either spraying or s/c the car your smart to get the vibration fixed first.

Let us know how it works out.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

so is it normal with the stock mounts? Seems like anyone with a 1 piece driveshaft would be feeling this and I didn't even feel it the first time I installed the driveshaft. With the 1 piece on it vibrates my rearview mirror.

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

If they get a first order engine vibration thatat the same frequency as the crank pulley they'll probably tell you it's normal due to the mounts. When we get cars with blownout mounts thats what we get and know its the normal engine vibration just getting channeled through the body. It most likely will be there at 6500 but that is high for revving. Don't really want to cause more damage.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

refresh my memory moose.

when you had the car on jack stands, did you ever
drop the driveshaft to see if the vib was still there?

if you did, then that means the vib is in the engine or trans

Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Yep, throwing more power at it is bound to break whatever it is that's vibrating, atleast that's my theory.

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Man you been fighting that everysince I've been on this forum (couple months). Sure hate to hear that you weren't able to resolve it. I'd certainly like to know what the dealership has to say about it. However, since you've been looking at either spraying or s/c the car your smart to get the vibration fixed first.

Let us know how it works out.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Somewhat yes. Normal characteristic of the motor is a rotational vibration. The mounts are designed to help isolate it so it's not felt much in the cab.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

No I didn't, because the vibe is definately there when reving in nuetral and of course the driveshaft and rear wheels aren't moving then.

ORIGINAL: hammeron

refresh my memory moose.

when you had the car on jack stands, did you ever
drop the driveshaft to see if the vib was still there?

if you did, then that means the vib is in the engine or trans

Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Not the drive shaft if he's getting it in nuetral
Old 07-26-2007, 08:12 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Menace

Well that doesn't sound good! I have this thin metallic rattle. I haven't checked to see if it comes on during a certain RPM. Mostly you can here it while accelerating, but it doesn't do it all the time. It's quite irritating. I took it into the dealership but the sound couldn't be duplicated so they couldn't fix anything.
Many people have reported this....i had/have it too.....cant hear it now with my o/r pipe and stingers though. Its not pinging. Its not shields either that i can tell.....hell someone removed the sheilds once and still had it.

Sorry Moose i got nothing for you on this one but I do hope you can get it figured out!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Somewhat yes. Normal characteristic of the motor is a rotational vibration. The mounts are designed to help isolate it so it's not felt much in the cab.
Ah great! I haven't even got to the dealer and allready Fords telling me it's normal! There are quite a few people here with poly motor mounts, seems like atleast one would be screaming bloody murder about the vibration.

Maybe i'll just replace the clutch with a spec stage 2 like i'd planned on doing anyway and slap on a vortech or paxton from brenspeed until the engine breaks. I'll then go buy myself a kia sophia to drive to work (probably finance one for $99 per month) while i'm installing a built short block which hopefully will have a bit less vibration.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Haha.
No to the KIA. We're a Kia dealer too and they blow.
Still take it in to the dealer. I'm not there to feel it and tell you for sure. I got a bit more noticable vibration with the lowered mounts but don't mmind it. Hope it turns out good for you.
~Jeff

Quick Reply: Vibration at 3250 rpms......