Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was your time the first time you went to the dragstrip in your mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default What was your time the first time you went to the dragstrip in your mustang?

I was thinking about taking my GT down to the dragstrip ( 5 spd. ) for the first time and just wanted to know an estimate of what most people here ran in their stock 05-07 5spds? This includes 1/4 and 1/8 mile.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What was your time the first time you went to the dragstrip in your mustang?

^^^ sorry, my first trip was supposed to be last night but was a rain-out DAMMIT! I was expecting at least high twelves...
Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What was your time the first time you went to the dragstrip in your mustang?

I have an auto....I was wondering about this also...I know that the track is TOTALLY different from the street...was wondering what to expect!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MustangEsq

I have an auto....I was wondering about this also...I know that the track is TOTALLY different from the street...was wondering what to expect!
with your 4.10s and bolt ons, I don't see why you wouldn't run at least a high twelve as long as you hook. Do you have or do you plan on getting some drag radials or rear ca's?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

ORIGINAL: MustangEsq

with your 4.10s and bolt ons, I don't see why you wouldn't run at least a high twelve as long as you hook. Do you have or do you plan on getting some drag radials or rear ca's?
within a couple of weeks, I'm gonna do an aluminum d/s and lower c/a's...right now I was figuring on low 13's....hopinthe d/s and c/a'swill help even more...

Still...I have never ran at the track...been pickin up alot of tips here on how to run though!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

I was thinking about taking my GT down to the dragstrip ( 5 spd. ) for the first time and just wanted to know an estimate of what most people here ran in their stock 05-07 5spds? This includes 1/4 and 1/8 mile.
I would say most people run high 13's on average. But people have ran as low as 13.4
Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

First time I went I had already had a 93 Octane tune with a C&L Intake and an O/R H. Ran about 6 runs with a 13.2 being my best time.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ not to be bossy, but I'd put the driveshaft on the back burner and get some sticky tires (I got some mounted on takeoffs because I figured I'd be switching back and forth between the drag radials and the factory pirellis, but with the 4.10s I don't see myself ever putting the pirellis back on unless I want to do burnouts lol), plus an rear upper ca since the lowers will only half solve the traction issue. Just my opinion...hell I'd figure a low 13with your current mods, but with stock gearing and sticky tires...drag radials + 4.10sshould be high twelves at least...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

^^^ not to be bossy, but I'd put the driveshaft on the back burner and get some sticky tires (I got some mounted on takeoffs because I figured I'd be switching back and forth between the drag radials and the factory pirellis, but with the 4.10s I don't see myself ever putting the pirellis back on unless I want to do burnouts lol), plus an rear upper ca since the lowers will only half solve the traction issue. Just my opinion...hell I'd figure a low 13with your current mods, but with stock gearing and sticky tires...drag radials + 4.10sshould be high twelves at least...
hmmm...definitely food for thought...
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

First pass was a 13.8 and 13.7 stock. Which made me happy.
I ran a 13.9 in my 02 GT.

Quick Reply: What was your time the first time you went to the dragstrip in your mustang?