Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my father said no for the manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: my father said no for the manual

[sm=closed.gif]
ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: UAE_Muscle

so after months of trying to convince my father to buy me a stang, he said yes. it took me a while to convince him becuz he saw it as a dangerous car. but the problem now is that he said no to the stick. what should i do?

Get a job.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
sharknose

The man is right. It does suck when friends look disappointed and say" oww its an automatic"
ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

What's strange is that you'll get into equal trouble with either car(as they're only a couple of tenths within one another at the strip). Are you under age(less than 18)? I would think(speaking from a 42 y/o perspective) that the manual equipped car has numerous advantages for the novice/younger driver.
First off, if you can drive stick-shift, you can drive any car/truck, second is the control you'll have when driving a stick-shift car(i.e. learning to become a more involved, more experienced driver). Third, stick-shift cars pretty much discourage cell phone use, usually are more desirable and, of course, when you finally get your car, all your friends will look to see what trans you got.(You got an automatic?! I'm sure will be the response). If you were my son, stick shift would be the only choice because when trying to control a 300hp car, a person needs more than just the brakes to rely on. Tell Pop to have a beer, talk to his friends, and see what they think.............................
Old 07-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Maddog52
1st Gear Member

No way in hell my dad would have bought me a GT. There is just no way he would have payed the insurance. Which now that I'm almost 30 I've come to understand his logic. The insurance is just way to high for a teen.

That being sad, be fricken thrilled he's going to buy you the car. Automatic or standard transmission, you're going to love it.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

There's nothing wrong with the auto, it performs great, just doesn't have that "fun factor".
Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Dude stop complaining and be happy ur dad was able to give u a GT, theres nothing wrong with autos.[&:]
Old 07-28-2007, 11:24 AM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

use a little reverse psychology, like "I changed my mind and wantthe automatic instead for dragstrip consistency" and see what happens...worst comes to worst, it won't work and you WILL have a consistent dragstrip car! (plus you can eat a hamburger more easily while driving lol)...

...p.s. Zep06 we're spelling it "ghey" now... (JK)
That’s a great point! You can always get more with sugar. Try reminding your dad that someday when he gets really old and ends up all by himself in a nursing home that he may need your help. If the Mustang had a five speed you would fell more like a man and be more apt to visit him and make sure the nurses are taking good care of him.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 AM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

go ask mommy.....
Old 07-28-2007, 11:43 AM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

My first 'stang was a '72 coupe with a six-banger,
One of the worst years,
Not a fastback,
No V8

But I "THANKED" my dad,because now I had a way to work,
To pay for my rims,tires and paint,
And made a damn fine ride out of it if I do say so myself,

THANKS agian Dad !!!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

You know what you need to do, stop being a selfish brat. Most young people are not as priveleged as you to get a brand new Mustang at such a young age. Hell, alot of middle aged men can't afford them, so just be thankful you are going to have what he is giving you.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

he is buying u GT! i would take that in an auto in a second. who cares if u can shift yourself. yes manuals are more fun but autos are a blast too. i have an auto and i love it. i wish i had a manual but thats not gonna change and im not gonna go trade it in and give up all the options on the car just to change the transmission. i love my car, auto or stick. and ur getting a GT.

Quick Reply: my father said no for the manual