Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How stealable is our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 AM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default How stealable is our cars?

I'm moving to south seattle in a week and already found an apartment there,however I didn't do my research before I signed up for that apartment, and found that it has high crime rate there, and some vehicles have been stolen before! I've never thought about how easy is a vehicle being stolden ever, until now...

The saleman told me that the key is specifically programmed to work on my vehicle only, and it has something called SecuriLock (don't know what that does)as well. So, how easy is it to be stolen?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:16 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How stealable is our cars?

Well japanese cars are th emost stolen because they are the easiest to get so i think a crime person wants to steal something theyll prolly go for that. But any car is easy to steal if you have the right equipment.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:23 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

SecuriLoc means the car won't start with the properly coded key. In addition, if you have the active anti-theft system, when you press the lock button on your remote twice that system is activated. The entire system shuts down when the car is broken into or towed pls the alarm sounds.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:10 AM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

how do i know if i have the active alarm? i know when i came out of the convenience store yesterday it was honking and flashing and when i started the car it said "Security Event Occured" where it normally displays the mileage and stuff.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:42 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

If someone wants your car bad enough, they'll get it. I highley suggest going and getting a good aftermarket alarm if you are worried about it. But even with that, if they want it bad enough it will be gone.

Unfortunatly there isnt much you can do, but hey, thats what we have insurance for.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:59 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

idunno how much it is.. but theres lo-jack

i think its pretty expensive.. but i worry about that sometimes too..

good luck
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

You shouldn't buy the house if you even have a faint concern. There is more than just a stollen car you should worry about.

-Wheels
-Brakes
-Doors
- Front Bumper
- Rear Bumper
- Quarter Panels
- Hood
- Trunk Lid

All of these can be stolen in less than 10 minutes by a pro, right off the street.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

Many small police departments have not kept up with their LoJack equipment rentals which makes it useless. Check with the Police departments in your area and surrounding area to see if they still support it. Lojack should give the equipment to law enforcement & make their money on the retail end.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:00 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Mine isn't very stealable with the actice alarms. About the only way it to hoist it onto something and drag it off. I have $0 deductible on comp so steal all you want on the cosmetic stuff.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 AM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

One of the new things that has been happening in the Portland area is thieves are using a sheet metal cutter to cut through the hoods of cars to cut the battery cables. Not volts means no noise from the alarm. They then jack it up on blocks and steal the wheels. We have hadabout a half dozen of these in the last few weeks. Some cars had locking lugnuts.If you get alarm make sure to get one with a battery backup.

Quick Reply: How stealable is our cars?