Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery and "Skipper 500"

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Dead Battery and "Skipper 500"

Like I mentioned earlier, you need to either identify the radio as the source or eliminate it as a suspect. Troubleshooting methods will help you isolate the suspect device(s) causing the drain. AND IF pulling the fuse stops the drain, I'd STILL see what else is on that fuse circuit before jumping to conclusions and ripping out your head unit.

Rick
[sm=smiley34.gif]
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Im going to start to turn off the radio when i turn the car off.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

im about ready to sell this f*cking thing and buy the nicest classic i can with the cash. after all, the 06 IS paid off in full
Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

well, no call to the dealer yet cause i still dont have anything to back up any sort of claim to anything and my local dealer is staffed by absolute DOUCHEBAGS.

has anyone had my passenger window auto-up problem? seems weird that now it doesnt work right after battery dieing.

*bangs head against wall* electrical gremlins FTMFL!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

well, no call to the dealer yet cause i still dont have anything to back up any sort of claim to anything and my local dealer is staffed by absolute DOUCHEBAGS.

has anyone had my passenger window auto-up problem? seems weird that now it doesnt work right after battery dieing.

*bangs head against wall* electrical gremlins FTMFL!!!!!!!
Yes, I have had the auto up window issue. I followed the instructions in the owners manual to reset it, and it is fine.

Mike
Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

ah HA, instructions!!!!! i wouldnt have ever even thought to check, cause why in the hell would something like that reset (and only on one window) after havnig a dead battery - hell i have disconnected it before to reset the adaptive learning crap and it never changed the windows.

how many f'in worthless features do these cars have? i just want the damn thing to go down the road with a quickness and not give me any crap. is that too much to ask for?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

I also had the window issue - follow the destruction booklet & you can fix it in minutes

My battery did drain once & once only (causing aforementioned window issue) I have noticed on a couple of occasions that the shaker 500 does not switch itself off with the ignition (sound goes off, therefore will assume amps power off, but the display stays on) it's an intermittent fault & as is typical with those I cannot get it to do it when I'm at the dealer.

It is frustrating but if you want proof before going to the dealer attach a multimeter to your battery with the ignition off & see if there is a drain on the battery. If your dealership is such a waste of time is there another one nearby you can go to? I live in Saskatoon & even here there are 2 Ford dealerships in town & another 2 within an hours drive.

Skipping issues - only with burnt cd's? what write speed were they burnt at? I have no specific issues that I can put down to burnt cd's but only use an x8 write speed.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

the skipping was on a burnt cd, probably burned at 48x but the same cd never had problems before and recently it started skipping on us. like not a repeat kinda skip - but a sound cuts out for a few seconds at a time kinda skip.

so it sounds like chances are they arent going to replace the radio..... have any of you guys gotten a replacement stereo from the skipping problems? i know everyone says they are infamous for being a piece of crap.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

dont put red locktite on your oil drain plug
damn these technical people. finish the advice will you? tell him to use loctite on the battery to keep it from draining.
[sm=alcoholic.gif]
sorry, but gotta have some humor at other's expense, every now and then.

No im not really a mean person.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

so it sounds like chances are they arent going to replace the radio..... have any of you guys gotten a replacement stereo from the skipping problems? i know everyone says they are infamous for being a piece of crap.
Yep. Mine was replaced due to the skipping issue.....No hassle. Funny part was, when I picked up the car following the swap, they attached a flyer to the radio, clearly stating that it is not meant to play self burnt CD's, only store bought......Save yourself the hassle and start looking for after market head units....Makes a world of difference....

Mike

Quick Reply: Dead Battery and "Skipper 500"