Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axelback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM
am1scott

Default RE: Axelback exhaust

First, read this: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...#Magnuson-Moss
Basically what it says is that it is illegal for the seller of a product (a Mustang GT in our case) to force you to to use parts from a particular supplier (i.e. Ford). Any part or repair which is appropriate and correct (specifically manufactured to fit your vehicle, any repair performed to correctly) need not void warranty coverage. Basically, unless they can prove that the part or installation of said part specifically caused the problem that you are seeking warranty coverage for then they are obligated under law to provide you warranty service.
Secondly, if your G/F complained about just an X-pipe on your 96, she will cry about SLP Loudmouths...hence the name of them.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:41 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Wow by the way you guys are talking....loudmouths are loud as hell!!

But are they a good sounding loud or just a bunch of noise?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

OK, this may be a stupid question but...... does the lound mouth have mufflers inside the pipes or are there no mufflers on it at all?
Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
am1scott

They are loud. Ever heard a car with just catalytic convertors and straight pipe after them? That's what these are. They do not have mufflers in them, they have what in the south we call "echo tips". Quote from slp site, "This affordable, easy-to-install kit eliminates the factory mufflers entirely..."
I personally do not care for the sound of this type of set-up, I prefer the tuned sound of a good performance muffler, nothing too raspy. Right now I'm leaning towards the JBA axle-back setup, until I hear a sound clip of the flowasters, which won't even be available for sale until after Feb 10th apparently.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:48 PM
getnmineinmay

i think any muffler swap is a waste of time and $ if you are looking for performance. try to find some good high flow cats that won't throw any codes first. you might also want to check the inspection laws in your state. sometimes any noticeable tampering done near the cats can fail your car. but if all that's cool, you could pick up 10~15 hp w/ just that $200 mod and a retune. if after that you want to replace all your piping and mufflers have at it.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:26 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, the car only has 2 cats and with the highflow cats you get more power and they are not expensive. The only part of a warrenty they void is the factory cats warrenty but they will be gone anyway. Again the slp highflow cats are the most free flowing so there for the give the most power. Those cats even meet regulations for VA where I am. VA is very strict on emissions and everything else on a car.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

getnmineinmay its the v-8 sound big daddy. I doubt though I'm not a mechanic that it will throw a code. Anybody else want to intervein.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:42 AM
getnmineinmay

don't get me wrong that throaty and a little raspy V8 sound is sick (let's em know your coming) [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:35 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I went ahead and bought the JBA Axelback from LM Performance. Also, how come everyone says that mufflers will not give added HP? I was on a site yesterday that had a dyno test and it showed a added 18HP at the rear wheels.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:06 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96GTponyup

I went ahead and bought the JBA Axelback from LM Performance. Also, how come everyone says that mufflers will not give added HP? I was on a site yesterday that had a dyno test and it showed a added 18HP at the rear wheels.

Point me in the way of that dyno sheet,I think its bull****! 18 h.p to the wheels is a pretty bold statement for mufflers,especially on the 05's exhaust system!
N2F

Quick Reply: Axelback exhaust