Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know this will make a few mad...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 AM
07rymasmGT

Default RE: I know this will make a few mad...

to each their own. I had an 89 5.0 in high school and loved it. Skipped the 94-04 models because i never really liked the body style. When Ford redesigned in 05, they did something great. Looks awesome, feels awesome, it's just an awesome vehicle. I'm 6'1 and have no issues. I have a 6'5" friend that even sat in the back for a short drive!!! it was incredible.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

I had a 1995 Mustang GT. Leather interior.
I loved the car at the time until it got T-Boned and totalled

Then I bought an LT1 TransAm, and saw what the GM boys were experiencing, but that's another story
But my 2007 is hands down the better of the breed. Better screwed together and designed by far. I think my Vert is more solid than my old coupe!

Also rental cars can get pretty beat up!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 AM
fredlo69
1st Gear Member

It sounds like you had a whole gallon of HATER AID! lol. Its all good, there isn't a Mustang I've seen I havn't liked.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I know where you're coming from. I loved my '04 GT (and my '98 and '01). I had just added 9 and 10 inch chrome wheels and wide tires, flowmasters, and was lovin' it. Then I made the mistake of driving the 06 GT. Much different car; they finally put a real attractive interior in it; IMO drives, handles, rides significantly better. When I left my 04 sitting there, a tear rolled down my cheek, and I felt terrible (for about 5 miles).
Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

An 01 GT isn't exactly a speed demon....

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/caroline/specs.htm

ORIGINAL: JenniferJ

I was on vacation recently and my g/f and I decided to rent a car. We got one of the new convertible stangs from Hertz. I have a 2001 GT and she owns a 2002 GT.

Neither one of us really fell for the new stang after driving it for two days. First it felt big and kind of bulky to drive. Obviously it was not a GT so we won't talk performance. It had some pep but frankly I felt sort of claustrophobic in it when the top was up. It seemed closed in and the doors felt really long and hard to open in parking spots.

We also had some troubles with it. I was trying to drive up a hill and the traction control cut in part way up the hill. I know I wasn't spinning my wheels as I was on concrete and had good traction. It just cut in and it started coughing and sputtering and I barely made it up the hill. We called Hertz and they swapped us for another stang which didn't have that problem.

I'll stick with my pre-2005 model. I like the smaller feel and for me the more open spacious feeling inside.

Again, not trying to make people mad. I'm sure they are great stangs but just not to my taste.

Jen
Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I love my 06 GT to death. It is by far one of the most fun cars I have ever had the pleasure of driving!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 AM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

Well if (and thats a big If)she is a man,then the Doc done real good cause the picture I see to the left of HER post does not remind me of any man I ever saw! JMO
he just got that pic off google to meet up with you and get your booty...nah im j/m with you...

anyways before I bought my mustang I was almost convinced into buying a 98 mustang supercharged like a year before because I wanted a mustang so bad but then the new body style came out and with a little patience I got one...it might get smoked by that 98 i gave up but I would have given it up anyday for the new s197 v6 gt I dont care the **** looks good.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: forrestgump

Well if (and thats a big If)she is a man,then the Doc done real good cause the picture I see to the left of HER post does not remind me of any man I ever saw! JMO
he just got that pic off google to meet up with you and get your booty...nah im j/m with you...

anyways before I bought my mustang I was almost convinced into buying a 98 mustang supercharged like a year before because I wanted a mustang so bad but then the new body style came out and with a little patience I got one...it might get smoked by that 98 i gave up but I would have given it up anyday for the new s197v6 gtI dont care the **** looks good.
huh?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

I was replying to the guy earlier in the post then i decied to add my comment about old style new style comparison...basically at times im DA, pleasedisregard that post if its confusing.

Im a little embarrased[]
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ I just noticed the s197 v6 gt comment in your last sentence...hence my "huh"...

Quick Reply: I know this will make a few mad...