Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to make nice with other forum members

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default how to make nice with other forum members

This thread might get moved but this is where I hang so here goes...
since I joined MF I have taken notice of certain topics which are a catalyst for a ten-page flaming lock-down waiting to happen. Seems like the same flamewars are started over and over, just a couple weeks apart from each other. I'm trying to compile a list of topics that are a quick ticket to flamesville. Here's a rough draft, feel free to add:

1. v8 guys saying v6s are lame
2. MT guys saying ATs are lame
3. FRPP guys saying motives are lame
4. anyone questioning the build quality of a mustang
5. any discussion involving synthetic vs. petro oil, proper viscosity for our engines, and extended service intervals for synthetic oil
6. anyone saying cam upgrades aren't worth it
7. anyone saying don't go FI without forged internals
8. anyone questioning why anyone else would bother with a tuneless CAI

like I said I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch...maybe we can be like the police, and the next time someone complains about a dash rattle we can call in a "code 4"...bashing motives would be a "code 3", etc. lol!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: how to make nice with other forum members

haha you got alot of them. manual vs auto strikes a few arguements too.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

You forgot the infamous, Shelby GT & GT500 owners paid too much for their cars.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

another one I forgot...anyone bagging an another make/model vehicle because invariably and unbelievably there is always at least one forum member who has that car and swears up and down that their CTS, eclipse gsx, etc etc etc will a$$-rape any stang on this forum and have better reliability and mpg numbers to boot, blah blah blah **** **** *****...lol...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

There is a simple solution. A wise man once said if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Wording is everything, especially online. Code 4! Did I get the code right? lol
Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

You forgot the infamous, Shelby GT & GT500 owners paid too much for their cars.
oh yeah lol!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

There is a simple solution. A wise man once said if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Wording is everything, especially online. Code 4! Did I get the code right? lol
only problem is, not saying anything is detrimental to becoming a post *****. lol...
Old 08-07-2007, 09:13 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

only problem is, not saying anything is detrimental to becoming a post *****. lol...
Thats a good thing. This section is supposed to be for technical information and help, not post whoring. If people want to post ***** and talk about useless crap, go to OT, thats why its there.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ ouch....
okay going WAY the hell off topic in 05 upis a bad thing, and the moderators recognize it as such and move the thread. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional humorous post or even complete thread (like this one or, the "you know you own a Mustang GT when [blank]." It helps to break the tension of potentially stressful stuff, like someone torn between this mod and that, or for instance me learning how to drive my car to the 1320 it and I deserve. Many people come to this forum complaining that other forums are filled with stuck-up hateful people. But if we act like walking, talking, typing tech manuals we're not much better...
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

You bring up a good point. I guess your intent in posting this one is to bring this to our attention and, in some way, hopefully prevent it (flamings) from happening again.

I am a member of 4 other mustang forums. You can easilyidentify meat the other forums because I always use the same name: Tpony. Out of all the forums, this one is the one that I post the most. Most of it, in the new member section, as I like to welcome folks and make them part of the mustang family. Believe it or not...I care less for the count. As a matter of fact, the mods can go ahead and delete all my "new member" posts and I would continue to welcome folks. I am 44 yrs old and having a high count is the least of my priorities, nor interest.

Which brings me to the reason why I like this forums. I have learned a lot from reading and listening to other's opinion...regardless of age.If an 18 yr old knows what he's talking about and brings up a good point..I listen to him/her and respect his/her point of view. Heck, I may have something to learn from him/her. Yes, others don't do that and go immediately for the throat. But, those are far and few and in-between like the say.

Bottomlime: Unfortunately, flaming will continue , but if your are the one getting flame...let it slide. Cover yourself with Teflon and don't let it stick to you...

Quick Reply: how to make nice with other forum members