Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The stangs Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: The stangs Totaled

+1 with droptop.

You got any parts for sale?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:17 AM
GT_Stang
3rd Gear Member

All i have for sale is the tuner i bought for it. The air bags deployed and The body frame is bent.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 AM
torch red
4th Gear Member

No Frame on these cars..its a unibody..

but i get what you mean..

ORIGINAL: 06DropTopGT

If frame is bent, it's normally totaled.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

Sorry for your loss how much for the tuner?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:13 PM
ChrisCannon

I ride motorcycles as well so I am not sure if the same is true here but why not part out some of the pieces if it is totaled?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:25 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

did you get my PM about your initial post in the other thread? there is no way that car is totaled, even if you bent the frame it does not appear to be bad enough that it cant be repaired and done so much below the total cost. The insurance is just trying to avoid putting this car back on the road, because if they pay for it to be repaired and its close to total then u even slightly bump it again they then lose money on the second repair, but stand your ground. They tried the same shat with me on my 98 and it was no were close.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
topless05GT
1st Gear Member

fyi - The tuner may be worthless if you don't reset to stock before saying good-bye for the final time. That way you can have the tuner re-flashed and re-used for your replacement.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rrobello

did you get my PM about your initial post in the other thread? there is no way that car is totaled, even if you bent the frame it does not appear to be bad enough that it cant be repaired and done so much below the total cost. The insurance is just trying to avoid putting this car back on the road, because if they pay for it to be repaired and its close to total then u even slightly bump it again they then lose money on the second repair, but stand your ground. They tried the same shat with me on my 98 and it was no were close.

Unless you are upside down on the loan and have GAP insurance then let them total it and start fresh.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: maniacmikey

ORIGINAL: rrobello

Unless you are upside down on the loan and have GAP insurance then let them total it and start fresh.
I agree ... as long as you come out even or even ahead on the total loss payout ( plus GAP if you have it) that is the way to go. I put 0 down on my car so I was super hoping mine was totaled since I did have GAP.. all i would have been out of was my 10 months worth of payments ... which I would have just considered a rental fee. All of my modifications could have been easily transferred to a new Mustang replacement.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
dcottrell6
1st Gear Member

I wish they would have totaled mine, 18,000 in total repairs including 2 frame rails, buckled trans tunnel and floor boards.
Basically a whole new front end except for engine and trans. Only the drivers airbag deployed. That was about 900.

Hope you come out ahead and get a new ride soon.

Quick Reply: The stangs Totaled