Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L vs JLT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: C&L vs JLT?

ORIGINAL: Eleanor06

/\ +1
Oh...He is a she..lol
now that we've established that, all the guys are gonna flock to this thread like flies to **** lol...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:34 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

oops, in my "how to make nice with other forum members" thread I forgot one: the "use the search" folks vs. the "f*ck the search" folks lol...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Well! What to say to all the wonderful replies! I do apologize for bringing up a much debated and repeated subject. It is just that I have been reading several posts made by other people recently and certain ones seem to know their game very well......therefore I tend to trust their judgment. I was just trying to get to the bottom of this issue before I haphazardly purchased a CAI.

I tend to agree with the "most bang for the buck" theory.....I was leaning towards the C&L, but now I really think I should check the JLT first.

Thank you all for your help!!!! s ~

Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

JLT is a hundred bucks cheaper and makes a marginal amount more power.

not sure what the question is. for me, the choice was simple.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 AM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

love love LOVE my C&L. installed it this past weekend and it was a breeze with nice sturdy parts. sounds MEAN too!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie
oh, THAT'S where you put the SCT badge...mine's on my monitor lol...
I dunno if thats what they intended, but seemed like a good place to stick it to me...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

The reason I am being a dick is because everytime I come in the 05+ section I have to dig throught all the crap threads that have already been discussed thousands of times before. The CAI is probably the most discussed of them all, yet people still feel the need to personalize the situation to themeselves. Yes it would have been much shorter for me to answer the question instead, but that is your problem on this forum. You waste your time replying to stuff that has been beaten to death thousands of time in the last year. I can also gurantee that if you use the search button you will find it more more helpfull because instead of having just this one thread as a refference, you will have hundreds.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

At 17 years old, I might have felt the same way you do. Growing up makes me respect others a little more.
s ~
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

The reason I am being a dick is because everytime I come in the 05+ section I have to dig throught all the crap threads that have already been discussed thousands of times before. The CAI is probably the most discussed of them all, yet people still feel the need to personalize the situation to themeselves. Yes it would have been much shorter for me to answer the question instead, but that is your problem on this forum. You waste your time replying to stuff that has been beaten to death thousands of time in the last year. I can also gurantee that if you use the search button you will find it more more helpfull because instead of having just this one thread as a refference, you will have hundreds.
You raise some valid points here.....i have the post count to back up the statement about repetitive answers to questions..take this thread....more than half of the answers dont even state anything about what the original poster asked. There are many threads, recent too, that have many posts that discuss in detail the differences between the JLT and the 2 C&L versions. These are alot better than the info she is getting in this thread.

As for the answer to the question:

1. Both give the same gains, 2 HP difference is dyno error so that doesnt matter to me really

2. The real gains are in the tune you have....B ama or VMP or Brenspeed or Evo tunes will give you much more than any canned tune that you get with the tuners so buying the combo from these dealers is a must

3. Some people like the JLT looks over the C&L and others are opposite. I like the Street C&L better.

4. There are two versions of the C&L, the racer is slightly bigger and will give you better gains in a highly modified system but yeild no more gains if you just have a CAI/tune and maybe delete platers. You would really need LT headers, TB, delete plates, etc to get any more out of it.

on a side note, you have an auto so I would recommend a B ama or Evo tune for you

Good luck in your purchase, no matter which you choose you will be happy.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Jokeurmnd
2nd Gear Member

I went with the jlt took me a bit to decide between c&l or jlt price helped........ JLT

P.S.2005stanggt where did you get that GT on your jlt from???

Quick Reply: C&L vs JLT?