Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Requirments

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
RDinco11

Default Lowering Requirments

I HAVE READ THE THREADS, but I am still confused as to what you really need to not mess up your car if you lower it. I am getting the eibach pro kit so what else do I ABSOLUTLEY need for the car to ride well and work right??
Old 08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Requirments

You will need a camber correcting kit or the camber correcting bolts. The bolts are a lot cheaper but not as high quality and you can't always get them to work. I have a Steeda kit for sale in the For Sale section. PM me if interested.

You will also need an alignment right away. Have the shop that does your springs do it.

Some will say you NEED a panhard bar but my car did not need one at all. Also you will hear people tell you that you need new shocks....Eibach claims that you don't, and I didn't change mine. Yes it's a little stiffer but it rides fine. I have had the springs on for like 7 months now and everything is perfect.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

Why did you change from Steeda to Eibach?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

camber correcting kitand thats it? what about all the other things people say like lower control arms, relocation brackets, upper control arms and some other things i'm forgeting

[/align]
Old 08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Suspension Mod By CrazyAl

Pretty much everything here is recommended to do the job properly
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
RDinco11

any idea of what stores sell camber bolts b/c i rather not order off the web
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I didn't switch from Steeda, I just had the camber kit from them....not the springs.

As far as the LCAs and UCAs, panhard bar, shocks, panhard brace,etc etc....he asked what was NEEDED. You don't NEED those things. All you need for certain is new springs and a camber correction of some kind. If you want to beef things up and improve your suspension, you certainly have those options. I followed the advice on the Eibach website and my car drives and performs perfectly fine.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:23 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

I just lowered my car with Eibach springs rides just fine to me. alingement next for sure as i dont want to buy new tires anytime soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RDinco11

I HAVE READ THE THREADS, but I am still confused as to what you really need to not mess up your car if you lower it. I am getting the eibach pro kit so what else do I ABSOLUTLEY need for the car to ride well and work right??
With the pro kit, I did not need the Camber bolts, as my caster/camber was well within range. But most do. Find a place to buy them and if needed, buy them, put them on and go back to the shop you had your car aligned at. Most shops give a 6 month warrunty on alignment and will automatically reschedule you to come in a month later to check the specs again as the car settles a little bit after a few weeks.

Stock springs are made to be used at the stock ride height and will last for a while. A few friends did it without changing the shocks/struts and eventually had to do it 6-7 months later as they were getting very bouncy going down the road. Not to mention Tokico's are great to make the car ride like you want it. Fully adjustable and very easy to adjust might I add. Not to mention taking the front springs all apart again to redo the front when you eventually need to replace them anyways, is time consuming and costly.

Pan Hard bar. Adjustable. A few have not realized after lowering, their axles are pushed out to the left. An adjustable bar fixes it. I guess if your axle was way out to the right prior to lowering then it might be corrected by lowering.

Some have and some haven't need adjustable Lower control arms. I didn't, but I bought them anyways. My driveline was well within specs. They area good purchase anyways as it does help your car plant power to the rear wheels. If you are lowering or not, I would suggest LCA's.

All these mods can be done in your garage with a basic socket set, floor jack, jack standsand wrenches. It's not difficult by any means.

There are more things to do if you are going to be drag oriented, but for lowering, this will work.

Do a search for Crazyals explanation of all the parts. It will explain alot. Or ask here and we will explain for you.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I have only heard about getting an adjustable Panhard bar after lowering. I haven't heard anything about camber bolts, or lower control arms.

Quick Reply: Lowering Requirments