Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Called Me...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer Called Me...

I'm on the case.

Send me an email when you get the car. We'll have lunch at laugh at the ricers that drive by.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:13 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Gregory,

Get the car yet? Or at least know when?

If I were you, I'd be sitting at the Arby's across the street from Frontier watching for car haulers.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:23 PM
gashaus34

I am curious to know if your car actually showed up when it was supposed to. Mine was built three weeks ago and was supposed to be at the dealer Feb. 5. When it hadn't arrived by Feb. 10, I called Ford Customer Service and told asked what was going on. They said they couldn't tell me why, but the delivery date got pushed back to Feb. 12. It's now Feb. 15 and it STILL isn't here. Customer service won't tell me what's going on. My dealer won't tell me what's going on and I am about to go ballistic.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:47 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Keep typing replies, then getting the reply tossed. [:'(]

So short and sweet. Plan to pick up car tomorrow early afternoon. Dealer says should be ready. I say proof of cash from newly re-financed Equity Line not available. Need to talk to "finance guy" at dealer about a short term work-a-round before I can him a good check.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Mag108

I am new to this forum and I just order a 2005 GT and it is not going to be ready till August, so untill then I have to look at other peoples Mustangs.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:25 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Gregory,

My experience is that most dealers will take a post-dated check up to 7 days, especially if you are a long-time resident of the area. Specifically, I know that Falore, Anderson, and Peninsula Ford have all offered it to me or people I've gone car hunting with. Perhaps that is the way...or offer them a credit card number to hold it against until the equity line clears up.

also, don't know if you've been the mustang ranch shop before in Santa clara, but they've got some great lisence plate frames...i.e. "I'm well serviced at the Mustang Ranch". I still get comments on these. Good guys too. Helped me a lot on my 66.

-Paul
Old 02-16-2005, 08:06 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

MAg 108....AUGUST? That's 6 months from now. Did you order an '06? If that's for an '05, I think your dealer is jacking you around. Go buy/prder somewhere else. I know 2 people who ordered from my dealer. They got their's in 8 weeks. I expect mine to be here in 6 weeks (since I ordered one two weeks ago) from the same dealer.

I know others have waited an inordinate amount of time for their's, but I honestly think the dealer's aren't prioritizing their allocations for ordered cars. They want stock that they can get MSRP + for, instead.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Mag108

Yea, I should look into it, he told august b/c of some problem they had with the assembly line. I should look into it and find out what is going on. I didn't pay MSRP so maybe he is making me wait. I ordered mine Legendary Lime with the upgrade in ht einterior and he said that is why it is going to take so long.....[:@][:@]Damn!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 12:26 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mag108

I am new to this forum and I just order a 2005 GT and it is not going to be ready till August, so untill then I have to look at other peoples Mustangs.

How can it be that long? That is better than sixteen weeks. Demand picking up? Or did you order a rag top?

Talked to the dealer today. No car tomorrow. Bummer. Friday? Maybe. I told them soon would be good, but I wasn't in a hurry enough for them to drive to the main delivery point and drive it back themselves. I like doing my own wear n' tear.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:57 AM
getnmineinmay

August?!? Did you order a vert?

Quick Reply: Dealer Called Me...